Monitors and maintains installed systems and infrastructure. Configures, tests, and maintains operating systems, application software, and system management tools. Corrects issues in existing systems. Installs patches and performs system backups and recovery. Works with Project Managers and Technical Account Managers to complete customer projects. Must be able to perform a high level critical thinking and troubleshooting.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up.
- Apply and maintain polices for patching Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Project work including implementation of new software and systems, onboarding new customers, and server migrations.
- Support Line of Business applications across all customers.
- Configure and maintain Cisco-Meraki Firewalls, Switches, and Access Points.
- Provide support for escalated issues.
- BA/BS, preferably in Information Technology or a related field, preferred but not required.
- 3-5 years business IT experience.
- Extensive experience providing end-user support via phones and remote management tools.
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting server operating systems: Windows 2012/2012R2/2016/2019.
- Experience configuring, implementing, and supporting desktop operating systems: Windows 10.
- Experience with supporting various server applications (Active Directory Domain Services, Group Policy Objects, DHCP, DNS, IIS, WINS, Remote Desktop Services, File Services, Print Services, and SQL Server).
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and related services to include Exchange, Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Azure AD, and InTune.
- Experience supporting VMware and Hyper-V environments.