Location: Remote Base
Application Deadline: 28 February 2021 or until filled
Type of contract: Junior Consultant
Language(s) required: English (native/fluent writing and oral skills)
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) is multi-organizations and multi-programs online platform for integrated planning, management, monitoring, and impact reporting of Research and Development Initiatives aiming to contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). It creates synergy between research and development partners, bridging competences in a results-oriented enterprise environment. The platform allows to save resources and time, reducing paperwork, facilitating administrative steps, quickening project related communications and enabling near real-time data collecting to inform decision-making.
WorldFish is seeking a Junior Consultant to assist the organization in implementing a Results Based Management (RBM) approach and Knowledge sharing and learning processes through the utilization of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) web-based platform.
WorldFish seeks to hire a dynamic and highly qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Knowledge Management Junior Consultant to work in close collaboration with relevant WF Team Leaders and members. The Consultant will make contributions towards the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) and data and knowledge processes to support knowledge sharing and learning through a well‐established and designed MEL system that promotes transparency, accountability and learning. The successful candidates will have a background in/familiarity with RBM and MEL, preferably in relation to aquaculture and fisheries, and related theories underpinning MEL research and development; and be conversant with qualitative and quantitative tools and techniques for comprehensive analysis. S/he will be passionate about Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) mission and have both internal and external facing responsibilities.
Under the guidance of the MEL and IA leader and the MEL Specialist, the Consultant will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- Learn about relevant methods, tools and skills used in a web-based information system environment and apply these to unit efforts to enhance the web-based MEL platform.
- Assist in technical features of the Platform by supporting the user-based testing and piloting of the new features to enhance web-based MEL platform and developing MEL procedural guidelines.
- Review projects and indicators structure in order to ensure harmonization across levels while also ensuring adequate monitoring elements are in place.
- Enter and review relevant project and program information on the web-based MEL platform ensuring data integrity and quality.
- Support the Annual Report processes.
- Create and maintain a database of Knowledge Sharing activities in MEL System by conducting regular inventory and supporting the digital library cataloguing.
- Review knowledge products in MEL system ensuring compliance of project deliverables with organizational standards.
- Assist in producing quarterly performance reviews, reports and other documents;
- Participate in regular team meetings and when required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Obtained a Master of Science degree in sustainable development, agricultural economics, monitoring and evaluation, impact assessment, data and knowledge Management, social sciences, or any related field.
- Experience with Research and Development Organizations or INGO, in particular in the areas of fisheries and aquaculture, food systems, sustainable development, data and knowledge management.
- Academic, technical or hands-on experience dealing with result based management; designing and implementation of monitoring, evaluation, and research and data management.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, professional approach to working with diverse stakeholders, and ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve program goals with a willingness to learn from others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Strong computer skills, including using MS Office, and familiarity with web-based platforms.
Terms of Appointment
This position is an excellent opportunity to gain knowledge and experience with an international research and development organization. The consultancy will be carried out remotely and is home-based. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for a minimum duration of 6 months with possibility of extension up to 12 months depending on performance. This position is open to national and international applicants.
How to Apply
Application process is rolling. Interested applicants are invited to submit the following information online by 28 February 2021:
- A cover letter stating why you are interested in and well-suited to the position. Your cover letter should also demonstrate what you hope to gain from consultancy and daily rate in USD.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail addresses) of three professional referees (clients) you have consulted for.
Screening will start immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Our Gender, Diversity and Inclusion Commitment
WorldFish has seven offices across Asia, Africa and the Pacific, with more than 400 staff and 27 nationalities who contribute to a dynamic multicultural work environment.
WorldFish is committed to promoting a work environment where diversity and inclusion is valued and we seek to have gender balance in the organization. We aim to also seek balance across other diversity dimensions.
People in WorldFish are treated equally irrespective of gender, ethnicity/race, national or social origin, disability, religion, political affiliation, age, family size, marital status or any other form of personal identity.
We are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage qualified women and men from developing nations to apply.