𝐀𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐲
Brimstone is a small indie studio exploring interactivity and making games that are not ashamed of being games. We are seeking creatively ambitious generalists to join our fully remote, international team. We collaborate using our virtual office on TeamFlow, and Notion for asynchronous communication.
Currently we are crafting Overthrown, a game about building a fantasy kingdom as a super strong Monarch who can lift anything. The project is fully funded by Kowloon Nights. The game is currently in early development and marketing should begin within a few months.
We work in smaller teams where everyone has a lot of input. Beyond the specific skills needed for each role, we also expect the following:
• 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 - You have strong curiosity for games as a medium
• 𝐂𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 - You want to take creative risks developing new, original games
• 𝐎𝐰𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩 - You are self-motivated and take on a lot of responsibility
• 𝐆𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭 - You contribute well in any area of your role and learn quickly. Strong bonus if your skillset covers more than on discipline.
You'll likely work on every part of a project to some extent, including gameplay, tools, tech and optimization. You don't have to know everything, but you definitely need to want to try new things.
𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬 & 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞
• Fluent in C#, C++ or any similar languages
• Experience working in Unity
• Great sense for game feel (strong bonus if combined with skills in VFX, UI/UX etc.)
• Fantastic bonus if you have any in-depth experience outside of gameplay programming
As part of the application process, candidates will be expected to provide a portfolio of their work. Cover letters are not required or expected.