We are hiring KAREN-ENGLISH OVER-THE-PHONE INTERPRETERS
If you are passionate about different languages and interpretation, we need you!
We are looking for professional remote interpreters who want to join an international company and be a great help to the community.
An Over-the-Phone (OPI) Interpreters in Homeland Language Services provide accurate communication between non-English and English speakers during the calls. They carry out exclusive service in different fields and industries and assure transparency during the conversation.
Interpreters in Homeland Language services are linguistic experts, fast-workers when it comes to the information mentioned during the call, and renowned for their high level of tolerance, accuracy, and expertise.
After you familiarize yourself with the following description of the position, you can click "Apply now" and send us your resume and certificate in PDF or Word files.
Location: worldwide (except the USA)
- answer calls in a professional manner, acting according to the Interpreter's code of conduct.
- be always prepared to take notes during a call.
- be aware of the specific vocabulary of the industry the interpreter works with (healthcare and medical one, specifically).
- go into internal professional training.
- be eager to get new professional certifications.
- communicate and report to your team leader.
Your Background And Experience
- Proficiency/Bilingual/Native level of English and target language (Karen).
- 1+ years of interpreting experience.
- Good knowledge of medical terminology.
- Awareness in legal terminology is a plus.
- International certifications in the healthcare industry are a plus (PICSI, ALTA, HIPAA, etc.).
- High school diploma in your native language.
- High emotional intelligence and tolerance to different cultures.
- High level of communication, listening, note-taking, and memory retention skills.
As this position is fully remote, you should comply with several technical requirements for your computer. We need to be sure, that your home office will work effectively.
- Your computer or laptop should be Mac or any other model with MacOS 10.13 or Windows 10 or newer, with Pentium, or I3 processor.
- Your working machine should have a 4 GB RAM Minimum (8GB recommended).
- We require an excellent ethernet connection (Wi-Fi is not allowed). Internet speed of 4Mbps Download/Upload.
- We require a noise canceling wired USB Headsets.
What We Offer You
- Fully remote position with a clear schedule.
- Full-time or part-time position (business and weekend hours).
- Immediate availability to start working after onboarding.
- Internal training and the possibility to get new certifications.
- Monthly fee payments.
- Contract type of employment.
If you choose to work with Homeland Language Services you will get into a friendly team, that supports each other, actively communicates, has its own corporate culture, and achieves the goals together!
Established 15 years ago, Homeland Language Services has been successfully providing high-quality interpreting and translating services worldwide. We have a large team with 500+ professional interpreters and translators. They have solid experience and professional skills to serve our clients with the best language services in modern fast-paced global business. We offer interpretation and translation services in 100+ languages for different industries.
We invite you to follow the link to Homeland Language Services website to discover more about our company.
Send us your resume. If your expertise complies with the requirements listed above, our HR Team will contact you by email to explain in detail the pay rates, schedules, and other working conditions.
We will be happy to welcome you to our team!