As part of Telenor Group, Telenor Myanmar is on a mission to connect people to what matters most to them by empowering the societies. Telenor Myanmar exists to make mobile services available and affordable to all people in Myanmar. We are serving more than 22 million customers, and our 4GSuperLTE+ network covers more than 92% of the country’s population. Our Team of highly competent and motivated employees are here to provide the customers with the power of digital communication, enabling them to improve their lives, build societies and secure a better future for all.
Key Account Manager - Government Sales will be responsible for the development of the Telenor reputation and financial and transaction services growth strategy for the company including the establishment of an annual mobile money and financial transaction revenue budget and gross margin forecast.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To make weekly and monthly sales calls/visits and report back to department head
- To engage proactively with government officials
- Identify and explore new business opportunities and regular follow up with potential clients
- Maintain relationship with existing clients and to coordination with cross-functional teams to delivery on time
- Implement the necessary processes and control in conjunction with Finance / Central Services to ensure effective control of these new services
- Suggest plan and strategy to hit the target.
- Knowing all the key players and responsible for the new client’s acquisition and generate sales results.
Experience, Functional Skills and Knowledge Areas
- Experience in B2G or B2B ICT or telecommunication sales background is preferable
- Energetic, open-minded and flexible to work in any given work environment
- Ability to work independently, proactively, prioritizing work with minimal direction
- Able to travel Upper Myanmar region and meet with government officials
- Good command of English and Myanmar language (both spoken and written)
- Microsoft office skills are essential
Language requirement: Myanmar, English
Telenor Myanmar offers a compensation package with a highly competitive base salary, a performance bonus, relevant allowances, and inclusion in Telenor’s insurance programs for employees.
Since Telenor encourages lifelong continuous learning, as an employee of Telenor you will have access to a vast online learning library to your disposal to develop your competence. As part of a global company, you will learn from global industry experts as well as senior local managers.
Telenor’s head office which is located at Sule Square in the heart of Yangon is assembled on flexible and activity-based workplace environment promoting agility and innovation. Telenor Myanmar workspace includes open areas, library, cafeteria, modern meeting rooms, hot desks, agile zones, play/game room and one of the best views of the city.
We believe in a healthy and safe work environment, and offer flexible working hours and access to ferry transportation to and from the office.