- Graduate degree in business, economics, and engineering. MBA is a plus.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in research, consulting, or corporate strategy roles. Someone with sectorial exposure in financial services will be highly valuable
- Someone who depicts strong knowledge of the Myanmar market, alongside an understanding of economic, sectorial, and business concepts and terminology.
- Intellectually curious and enjoys problem-solving, requirement gathering, and adaptive to lead with example
- Thoughtful and comfortable communicator (in person or on paper), able to facilitate discussions and conduct training
- Has the ability to thrive in a flexible and collaborative environment
- Someone with a track record of completing projects successfully on time, within budget and as per scope
- A collaborative team player, with ability to work effectively in a client-facing environment
Who You'll Work With
You will be based out of our Yangon office while being a part of our Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team which is based in Singapore.
This team works with research and consulting colleagues, as well as, clients alike. The Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team specializes in the region's local knowledge/content expertise. The team undertakes country and industry research for high impact client engagements and the Firm's knowledge development effort.
Our Myanmar office was opened in 2017, which is McKinsey's eighth office in Southeast Asia. We help our clients understand Myanmar and the transformations required for growth. Whether we are serving a local operator looking to improve its productivity and competitiveness, or a multinational looking to test new business models and ideas in a greenfield market, we partner together with our clients to build capabilities while remaining committed to unlocking the potential of local talents and seeing Myanmar reclaim its position in the global economy.
What You'll Do
You will leverage on both primary and secondary research tools and perform a variety of research and analysis such as market sizing, trend identification, opportunity scan, growth projection, industry, and corporate profiling - these synthesized insights will subsequently help in your problem-solving discussions in client engagements.
You will leverage on your solid understanding of macro and industry trends and issues, to deliver synthesized, actionable facts and insights, which goes towards solving the client's business issues or as part of a new knowledge codification effort.
Aside from client engagements, you will have opportunities to develop and codify knowledge on new and emerging topics of relevance to the Myanmar market and the Firm more broadly.
As you develop and grow in the Firm, you will be exposed to diverse and challenging opportunities. You will build deep sectoral and country knowledge spikes of Myanmar and develop into a true knowledge thought partner for consultants and clients. Opportunities also abound for you to enhance your people's leadership and management skills through mentoring opportunities, as well as, involvement in functional priorities such as evaluation, recruitment, and training for the Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team.