urpose of Role
The Purpose of the role is to carry out the Laytime/Demurrage calculation, to be performed based on the terms from the Charterparty, Recap, Contracts, Statement of Facts, and other supporting documentation for the relevant port call. The role requires you to have a thorough understanding of Charterparties, key laytime/demurrage terms, contracts and provisions related to the voyage. Knowledge and understanding of terminology used in the petroleum industry and dry commodities businesses, marine and terminal operations is a requirement.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Confirm all documentation required has been received to perform laytime / demurrage calculation.
- Follow-up / clarify on missing information.
- Check the transcribed Statement of Facts for correctness, with special focus on events which are relevant for laytime / demurrage calculation.
- Carry out laytime / demurrage calculations based on the terms from the Charterparty, Recap, Contracts, Statement of Facts, and other supporting documentation for the relevant port call.
- Ensure operators instructions have been complied with in carrying out the calculation
- Initiate action on any missing documents or clarification on any terms for the calculation
- Submit completed claims to the laytime specialist for review.
- Identify training needs, and plan to have the training done.
Candidates with below qualifications are invited to apply
- A graduate with minimum 3-years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to contract interpretation, key laytime/demurrage terms
- Experience with Charter Party Agreements
- Degree in shipping / MICS will be an added advantage
- Ability to work from home