Purpose of Role
The Purpose of the role is to audit the Laytime/Demurrage calculation done by the Laytime Analyist based on the terms from the Charterparty, Recap, Contracts, Statement of Facts, and other supporting documentation for the relevant port call. The role requires you to have a thorough understanding of Charterparties, key laytime/demurrage terms, contracts and provisions related to the voyage. Knowledge and understanding of terminology used in the petroleum industry and dry commodities businesses, marine and terminal operations is a must. The role will also act as a point of contact for the customer.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Confirm all documentation required has been received and correctly used for the calculation.
- Review the calculations to check that none of the relevant terms have been missed out and that all the laytime related events included in the Statement of Fact have been correctly considered.
- Ensure operators instructions have been complied with in carrying out the laytime calculation.
- Any discrepancies to be communicated to the Laytime Analyst for correction and ensure that proper instructions / guidelines are provided to the Laytime Analyst to avoid re-occurrence of any mistales or wrong interpretations of key terms and events.
- Engage with the customer as an internal point of contact in case of any missing documents or if clarification on any terms are required.
- Submit the completed and verified claims to the customers in the agreed format.
- Attend to any emails, communication or counters received from the customer or other counterparties.
- Produce weekly and ad-hoc reports on KPIs and maintain transcription performance metrics.
- Analyze operational performance, efficiency, identify areas for process improvement and report on optimization.
- Carry out performance assessments of Laytime Analysts, identify training needs and arrange for the training to be completed.
Candidates with below qualifications are invited to apply
- A graduate with minimum 3-years’ experience in a similar role
- Exposure to contract interpretation, key laytime/demurrage terms
- Experience with Charter Party Agreements
- Degree in shipping / MICS will be an added advantage
- Ability to work from home