Skuad is a global employment platform that manages global payroll, compliance, and taxation for companies so that they can build exceptional distributed teams - anywhere.
Backed by top VCs, Skuad has quickly established itself as a changemaker in the world of remote work. The company has seen triple-digit growth over the last 12 months and is now looking to expand its presence in the region by building a team in Singapore.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Translate requirements and implement product features to perfection
- Work directly with developers as a team lead and manage products to conceptualise, build, test and realise
- Deliver best-in-class code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile products
- Work on continuous improvement of the products through innovation and learning.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Developing features for highly complex, distributed transaction processing systems.
- Implement functionality for automated tests that will successfully pass and meet coding standards.
- Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans.
- Optimize the performance of existing implementations.
- Stay abreast of new innovations and the latest technology trends and explore ways of leveraging these for improving the product in alignment with the business.
The ideal candidate is a Backend developer with at least 5 years experience in Node.JS in a Product companyPrior Experience Working In
What's on Offer?
- Database architecture and design on SQL (like Postgres) and NoSQL (like MongoDB) systems.
- DOM manipulation and new CSS functionalities and processors
- Memory management, multithreaded programming and background processing.
- Unit-testing and strong emphasis on TDD
- Debug moderately complex problems and analyze logs in production systems and to read existing code.
- Various data storage options, such as Relational, NoSQL
- Object-oriented design, data structures, and complexity analysis
- CI/CD environment with Jenkins/CircleCI
- Agile Development (SCRUM methodology, JIRA)
- Code versioning tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Mercurial, SVN, etc
- WebSocket, REDIS, Memcached, and Cloud Messaging Frameworks (PUSH Notifications)
- Elasticsearch ELK stack- Elasticsearch, Kibana, and Logstash, REST API integration.
- You are excellent at dealing with ambiguity and can prioritising needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Work for global companies that strive for high-quality optimized code
- Remote role that can be based anywhere