Oven Bits is seeking a full-time Lead Engineer and Architect to lead a team of engineers towards crafting large-scale software. Beyond problem solving and pull requests, it’s important for this person to effectively lead a remote team, communicate well with enterprise-level clients and have a genuine enthusiasm for their craft!
We’re looking for someone who understands how technology should translate to actionable experiences. Our team is passionate about creating world-class apps (like this, this and this) and we want you to make us even better. If this sounds like it might fit what you’re looking for too, read on, and get in touch.
Great people should be empowered to be great. We’re looking for someone who wants to make big things and shape how they’re built. Self-starting initiative and an enthusiasm for life are core characteristics across the Oven Bits team. We’re looking for a leader who likes to architect large-scale software while also getting their hands in the code.
A Passion For Solving Problems
Our clients have real businesses with real customers, real opportunities and real pain points. We quickly learn their external model plus internal workings. We discern opportunities through empathetic listening and consultative strategy. Our customers view us as trusted advisors and thought leaders. This role materially shapes the products, platforms and features that our award-winning team will produce.
EQ + IQ
We work within numerous levels of mid-to-large companies. It takes a strong relational range to connect with Directors, VPs and C-suites alike. We want someone that can read a room, relate to different people and discern what matters to each of their roles when communicating solutions.
About Oven Bits
Oven Bits is a highly personable design and engineering agency based in Texas. We’re passionate about creating world-class software that people enjoy using (read: it works, not just looks great). We’re a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, designers and other great folks. Our work has been featured in Techcrunch, Mashable, US Weekly, CBS News, Texas Monthly and The Today Show. We’re proud to have a portfolio of work that viewed by millions of people every week and that’s been featured 25+ times in the Apple App Store and Google Play. At the end of the day, we view this as our life’s work and not just our work life.
Culture + Remote Work
At Oven Bits, we’re not only passionate about our craft, but also about our culture. We believe in a thoughtful mix of work, play and growth...and our company values reflect this. Our remote environment allows people to spend more time in the places they most enjoy.
- Successfully architect large-scale, enterprise systems
- Write thoughtful code that helps real-world needs
- Lead a remote team of engineers to ship software on multiple projects
- Communicate well with sophisticated clients who work at enterprise brands
- Architected, built and/or re-platformed at least 1 large-scale back-end system from scratch
- +5 Years of back-end experience (ie: Ruby, Node, Java, etc)
- Integrated numerous 3rd party services into a system architecture
- Developed or worked with custom APIs
- Computer Science degree or related major (exceptions made for exceptional candidates)
- Prior experience working at an agency (nice to have)
- Loves problem solving
- Has a strong work ethic
- Enjoys self-managing by looking for what can and should be done
- Follows-through on responsibilities
- Attention to detail