Rakuten Travel Xchange is a hotel distribution service providing travel retailers around the world with easy access to hotel rates and inventories through a single source. Travel businesses will be able to manage their entire hotel inventory needs from a single API connection, via a tailored web portal or template solutions, or its Travel Agent Portal, without spending valuable resources on integrating multiple supply partners.
Your primary focus will be to contribute to front-end design, technical direction, and front-end architecture including collaborating with various teams to build fit-for-purpose solutions.
You will ensure that you produce robust, secure, modular, and maintainable code. You will coordinate with other team members, including backend developers and UX/UI designers. Your commitment to team collaboration, continual communication, and product quality is crucial.
Remote working arrangement. Compensation in line with local market rates.
- Lead and mentor the front-end team and develop user-facing applications using Vue.js
- Set the direction of front-end development
- Optimize applications for performance
- Implement automated E2E and unit testing integrated into development and maintenance workflows
- Keep an eye on security updates and issues found with Vue.js and all project dependencies
- Propose any upgrades and updates necessary for keeping up with modern security and development best practices
- Assist with departmental and new employee training
- At least 4years of experience in Front-end coding
- Must be a willing self-starter, independent, and comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly proficient with Vue.js framework and its core principles such as components, reactivity, and the virtual DOM
- Familiarity with the Vue.js ecosystem, including Vue CLI, Vuex, Vue Router, and Nuxt.js
- Good understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience in Mobile Web development
- Understanding of server-side rendering and its benefits and use cases
- Knowledge of functional programming and object-oriented programming paradigms
- Experience with both consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Experience in leading a front-end engineering team or squad is highly preferred
Rakuten is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.