TD Bank Group
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with approximately 90,000 employees in offices around the world, the Toronto-Dominion Bank and its subsidiaries are collectively known as TD Bank Group (TD). TD offers a full range of financial products and services to over 26 million customers worldwide through three key business lines:
- Canadian Retail including TD Canada Trust, Business Banking, TD Auto Finance (Canada), TD Wealth (Canada), TD Direct Investing and TD Insurance
- U.S. Retail including TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, TD Auto Finance (U.S.), TD Wealth (U.S.) and TD’s investment in Schwab
- Wholesale Banking including TD Securities
TD had CDN$1.7 trillion in assets on July 31, 2021. TD also ranks among the world’s leading online financial services firms, with more than 15 million active online and mobile customers. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges under the symbol "TD".
In Singapore, TD operates as The Toronto-Dominion Bank, Singapore Branch and Toronto Dominion (South East Asia) Limited, which are collectively known as “TD Singapore” since 1979. The key business in Singapore is TD Securities which is part of Wholesale Banking
The Data Services team supports all business divisions located in Singapore (Foreign Exchange, International Fixed Income, Funding, Global Precious Metals, Trade Finance and Equity Derivatives), on a cross functional basis, by performing the setting up and handling of client data, credit lines, settlement instructions (SSI's), inventories and security data, and also the uploading and managing of market data. They play a key role in ensuring that the Global Data Control team, operate effectively, under a Global Delivery Model (GDM).
- Responsible for the daily cleansing, analysis and maintenance of MVP data in the Asset Control system and for the accuracy of the same data within the source systems.
- Effectively lead all accountabilities and objectives related to Market Data Initiatives and Asset Control projects.
- Ensure that all late or missing market data uploads and related process metrics are recorded, documented and explained appropriately.
- Contribute to the broader Global Operations and Business Services group as a subject matter authority on market data
Security Reference Data:
- Ensure instruments are set up accurately on TD Securities source systems in a timely manner
- Assist in the implementation and ongoing maintenance of systems related to the security static data maintenance.
- Review current processes and pro-actively make changes or propose initiatives to improve efficiencies in order to provide more effective business support.
- Work in partnership with other Operations teams to ensure any audit or regulatory findings are handled and cleared within the committed timelines.
- Ensure internal control processes are adequate and documented appropriately
- Liaise closely with the Bank’s front office traders, Market Risk Control, audit, technology groups, and other partners to assist in meeting the Bank’s objectives.
- May be assigned to participate in various initiatives and ad hoc requests that impact the Singapore region, Global Operations and Business Services. This applies to initiatives governed by head office those that originate in Singapore. The individual is expected to utilize their relationships to help drive these initiatives to completion.
- At least 2 years of Market Data experience in a middle or back office function with reporting responsibilities and exposure to various traded securities and derivative products
- Market knowledge and a general understanding of the fundamentals of valuation
- Exposure to operational metrics and emerging regulations would be an asset.
- Self-motivated, well organized and positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- BBG and Reuters knowledge would be an asset
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both verbally and written
- Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and handle high volumes of work in a demanding environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge and experienced in the use of small tech solutions
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.