About Flexstay Rentals
Did you know that across South East Asia roughly 200,000 mom-and-pop-shop real estate agents earn more than USD 5bn in rental commissions every year?
Airbnb and property portals are missing out on this amazing long term rentals opportunity - and we’re here to attack it! Flexstay Rentals is fresh off a successful international Seed fundraise and people who’ve made a lot of good bets think we have a great shot. Come join us and take charge of how 100 million users will see our product through your interface.
We are building South East Asia’s leading AI-enabled, end-to-end proptech platform to make residential rentals simple and transparent for tenants, owners and brokers by digitizing and automating 90% of the processes. Our platform will offer the largest and most relevant supply of rental properties, with flexible rentals of 1-12 months, 3D virtual tours, 3D floor plans, beautiful pictures and authentic videos, accurate availability and content, and the fastest and most professional sales and customer service.
Our vision is to make residential rentals as simple as booking a hotel, in order to enable tenants to find the most suitable home at the best price and to help owners to earn more, effortlessly.
Our Thai-international co-founder team combines successful serial entrepreneurs (last company scaled to USD 150m in sales and 125 employees) with strong leadership and innovation expertise in the digital real estate space.
We made it to market, are successfully renting out properties and are growing strongly. As an early technical hire you’ll be joining a business team that’s proven it can execute early and often.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with the founders directly to translate the business requirements into technical requirements
- Build our AI-enabled proptech platform allowing us to grow 100x in size, speed and functionality and re-invent property rentals for millions of people across South East Asia
- Design the system architecture
- Own the entire codebase
- Build out a CI pipeline
- Make an impact on technical culture and core technical decisions early on and help establish standards
- Opportunity for leadership in coaching, guiding and developing team members
Core functional skills
- 5+ years work experience as a full-stack software developer
- Skilled with RESTful APIs, data formats (JSON, XML), and third-party API integrations
- Architecture design
- Good knowledge of React.js, web frameworks, HTML, CSS, search technologies (e.g. elastic search)
- Experience with machine learning/AI, data analytics, Python is a plus
Interpersonal, communication and management skills
- Passion for writing (and documenting) clean code, as well as learning and improving
- Must be able to communicate well in English (written and spoken)
- Great team player, eager to brainstorm and create new products
- Understanding business needs and knowing how to create the tools to manage them
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through successful launch
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior and mid-level team members
- Attention to detail and time-management
What’s great about this opportunity?
- Build our AI-enabled proptech platform helping more than 100m property seekers across South East Asia to rent their dream home at the best price, hassle-free
- Join an exciting and well-funded startup led by experienced Thai-international co-founders at an early stage and shape our (and your) growth
- Enjoy a great company culture with quick decision making, fast career paths and a chance to make a difference
- Competitive salary with upside from cash or equity bonus
- Based either in Bangkok (one of the most attractive hubs in Asia) or working remotely