SummaryWe exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
At Thrivent, we are focused on a digital transformation that will deliver modern, innovative experiences for our clients, financial advisors, and employees. We are investing in data and technology, using DevOps practices, and building an engineering culture of empowered technical experts. Our technologists are involved in work that includes cloud native development, digital architecture and integration, automation, cloud data platforms, artificial intelligence, and machine learning as well as maximizing platforms such as Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft.Job Description
The Lead Software Developer guides the technical architecture, design, development, implementation, and governance of IT Enterprise Customer Solutions that delivers business value across the organization while continuously looking at new innovated solutions and improving time to market.
The Lead Software Developer is responsible for architecting, analyzing, designing, building, testing, debugging, documenting, implementing and maintaining new or existing applications, integrations, and software. They review and analyze users’ needs and designs innovative system solutions based on requirements. They will lead the technical architecture, design, development, and testing of these solutions and ensuring alignment to defined timelines. They are a key player to the development of the ongoing portfolio strategy and roadmap which includes recommendations of projects, enhancements, and upgrades. This role documents all aspects of an application, system, and/or data integrations to include architecture and design diagrams/flowcharts, layouts, code comments, and revision dates. Collaborates with various IT and business professionals to deliver high-quality results. Another key responsibility is to make sure other developers are on the team are thinking about dependencies to their work and how it can impact the bigger development picture while executing the work.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Data source analysis, designing, developing the end-state technology solutions
- Portfolio Architecture
- Translating requirements and working with the business
- Providing Technical Thought Leadership
- Works on all phases of application development lifecycle independently
- Provides technical thought leadership on all sized efforts within the IT Enterprise Customer Solutions portfolio
- Serves as the technical specialist on development efforts
- Accountable for input, creation, and execution of IT Enterprise Customer Solutions portfolio architecture and strategy
- Proactively mitigates risk within the IT Enterprise Customer Solutions technology portfolio and platforms
- Ability to own and collaborate with others to drive towards resolution on key issues impacting delivery
- Ensures high-quality assurance of all owned deliverables
- Identifies and drives improvements and innovation
- Develops and maintains IT Enterprise Customer Solutions portfolio architecture, design, and development documentation
- Understands the business needs and translates them into technical architecture, design, plans and processes within the IT Enterprise Customer Solutions portfolio area across multiple technology domains
- Acts as the Subject Matter Expert for the assigned technology solutions
- Sets and drives commitments to achieve desired priorities
- Participates in setting architectural and technical standards across the portfolio
- Demonstrates experience to drive standard methodologies in Thrivent’s environments
- Influences and implements change
- Mentors and trains new or less experienced team members
- Constantly learning and sharing with others both in and outside the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, MIS, mathematics, or related field
- 5+ years of applicable experience including prior lead experience
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of systems design, architecting and demonstrated leadership on all sized efforts
- Strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking and leadership skills
- Experience developing Java, Java Spring, OpenShift, Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Mongo, and/or SQL
- Understanding of data architecture and experience with various database platforms, concepts, and implementations
- This is a remote position, but the candidate should be able to work between core business hours (determined by hiring manager).
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex , gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any otherstatus protected by applicable local, state , or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation , please let us know by sending an email to [email protected] or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.