Hoolah is a startup involved in the buy now pay later space. It is currently operating in Singapore and Malaysia with plans to expand further throughout SE Asia
Due to our rapid growth we are looking for a Legal Counsel reporting to the CFO to lead our Finance team
The role be responsible for all Hoolah’s legal activities
You will have successful experience in a similar role in a fast paced, high volume business with experience in technology, payments and financial service would be an advantage
Please share a CV - it’s a starting point for us which we would like to see how your background relates to what we are looking for - it will preferably be designed around our requirements.
- Support the Hoolah team on a range of legal issues including payments and financial regulatory frameworks, market expansion, data protection and other legal matters
- Draft, review and negotiate a broad range of commercial agreements
- Manage outside counsel across all our markets to ensure timely and knowledgeable support of critical matters
- Collaborate with a variety of areas within Hoolah, including tech, product, business development and partnerships in a wide range of issues related to market expansion, regulatory compliance, product development and commercial agreements.
- Identify and and mitigating legal risk by implementing appropriate legal control and compliance policies as needed
- Drive the development of effective processes for legal review and launch of products in mew markets.
● 5-7 year PQE
● Admitted to practice ain at least one common law jurisdiction
● Has regional experiences
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
● Strong preference to candidates with experience in either technology, payments, financial services.
We have built an awesome culture that is all about working hard and having fun, respecting each other, being intellectually curious, working smart, speaking up and being accountable.
We are all working from home today and will do so for a little while longer until Covid conditions have improved.