Established in 1996, AA Medical is Myanmar's largest and most trusted pharmaceutical distribution company with branch offices throughout the country, as well as oversea subsidiaries in Singapore and the United States.
- Take primary responsibility for drafting, reviewing, and editing contracts in both Myanmar and English languages.
- Take primary responsibility for drafting documents related to litigation in Myanmar courts (complaints, interrogatories, discover requests, motions, etc.)
- Manage Legal Officers in their daily duties.
- Provide training to Legal Officers on drafting and reviewing contracts as well as on different areas of Myanmar law.
- Ensure Group compliance with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and internal policies.
- Prepare trademark applications both foreign and domestic (either through WIPO or national trademark offices).
- Prepare corporate secretarial documents.
- Conduct legal research and prepare legal briefs in both Myanmar and English languages on Myanmar laws, rules, and regulations.
- Conduct trademark searches (foreign and domestic).
- Track renewals of contracts, trademarks, corporate filings, licenses, etc.
- Maintain and update legal department library (hard and soft copy).
- Act as the legal representative of Group companies at Myanmar court hearings and trials.
- Assist in filing police complaints on behalf of Group companies
- Train company employees on Myanmar laws and regulations and legal department process.
- Perform any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- LL. B or LL. M (Commercial Law)
- At least 5-years experience in a supervisory role as in-house counsel or with an international law firm.
- Advanced knowledge of Myanmar laws & regulations (in particular the Copanies Law, Trademark Law, Competion Law, and various labor laws).
- Independent, aggressive, self-motivated, and team player.
- Strong critical-thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- English fluency (with very good TOEFL or IELTS skills).
- Competency with Microsoft and GSuite applications.