DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide creative problem solving, critical thinking, and advanced troubleshooting across a broad domain of secure computing systems and support activities
- Manage availability of network, storage, computing, and software of multiple computing and storage systems
- Ensure secure operations
- Implementation of computer security policies and procedures
- Develop and update documentation for processes and technical guides
- Collaborate effectively within a small team environment as well as work tasks independently
- Use creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills across a broad domain of software development activities
- Apply a logical approach in solving challenging problems
- Day to day administration of end users, Linux servers and storage as well as surrounding infrastructure on premises and in Azure
- Regular application installations and configurations as well as maintenance and development of scripts and tools for automation
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues as they arise.
- Staying familiar with new versions of applications used on servers.
- Working with and troubleshooting all of the following tools/protocols, including, but not limited to: SSH, DNS, FTP, HTTP, telnet, SFTP, NTP, TCP.
- Use knowledge of each of the above listed technologies as related to the issue at hand.
- Work with CentOS as well as Ubuntu in a mixed Linux/Windows environment.
- Document issues and associated resolutions to problems.
- Cloud Computing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Linux administration: 5 years (Required)
- Self-motivated, independent person who is comfortable working directly with senior leaders
- Advanced Linux (CentOS/RHEL, Ubuntu) administration
- Familiarity with Windows WSL
- Bash, Python scripting
- Knowledge of DNS, NFS, DHCP, server kickstart
- Experience in networking
- Knowledge of Azure cloud services
- Kubernetes and container management
- Experience with documenting procedures.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Understand the work involved in building secure cloud infrastructures.
- Build applications using latest software practices.
- At home installing from packages or compiling from source
- Reliable and self-initiating in performing complex duties and tasks where expert judgment is necessary