This position will report into the APAC Logistics Operations in support of New Product Introductions (NPI). The NPI Manager will work directly with Logistics Operations, SDM, and Readiness teams for all products. Will be required to travel as needed to support Apple Objectives.
Knowledge and demonstrated experience/tracked records in project management, including management of scope, time and schedule, with balance of quality and risk management.
Excellent leadership skills that influence decisions and facilitate change management through pro-active collaboration with all levels across both the Business & IS&T communities.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Demonstrated sound interpersonal and effective communications skills at all levels of business communication.
Facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills, and demonstrated success at building teams and relationships with key people in local and remote sites.
Self directed and motivated with a strong sense of urgency, focus on outcomes and drive for success.
Proficient at managing multiple efforts simultaneously in a global company.
Understanding of the business processes and ability to document them as needed by the project.
Excellent organisational and documentation skills.
Proficient knowledge of the systems development lifecycle.
Experience in facilitating workshops and brainstorming sessions to gather requirements.
Virtual teaming, and ability of working with multi-disciplinary business groups.
Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, and basic project planning tools.
Ability to travel up to approximately 30% to 40% of the time.
Understanding of inventory control policies and procedures.
Understanding of compliance regimes.
- Required to maintain to a high level of detail, be organized, be analytical and be good with numbers.
- Establish a comprehensive checklist across the logistics tracks to ensure all elements are in place for execution
- Work with Logistics Tracks on capacity planning and its impact on overall supply chain.
- Strong leadership skills and be able to work in a fast past environment that is focused on customer expectations.
- Solid understanding of logistics processes, including In-bound Freight, DC Operations and Inventory Control.
- Ability to understand potential gaps and impact to the end to end supply chain from changes in PORs.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to manage a team to provide the necessary guidance and support during to ensure seamless execution
- Demonstrate situational leadership through organisational awareness and independently challenge cross-functional partners to solve complex issues and reach consensus
- Resource management, documentation, communication and risk management.
- Onboard new products with new partners in extremely diverse customs compliance environments.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality in relation to new products.
- Seek out standard methodology in Apple's global Readiness and NPI groups and implement that standard methodology in the Pacific Logistics organisation.
- Design, development and implementation of processes that will ensure material movement both systematically and physically.
- Recommend processes to streamline the department operations.
- Work on department projects involving customer issues and department improvements. Identify emerging issues and anticipates future problems.
- Establish single and consistent communications platform to share and maintain business information with internal and external teams.
- Work with Readiness team to ensure we generate a combined Operations conclusive set of metrics to accurately reflect individual and cross functional team’s execution success.
- Supply appropriate daily, weekly and monthly reporting as requested.
- Communicate with management all process execution failures that affect Apple’s ability to mange its business and conduct post mortems on any such failures and report back to management on improvements to process.
- Influence and present to the PAC Ops leadership via simple and concise executive level communication
- Build strong relationships with WWSOS counterparts
- Drive strategic discussions, stitch in a crisis within scope of work, and show strong presence in large meetings at regional and global levels
- Manage conflict scenarios to make tough decisions to balance different perspectives
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree (essential), preferably in Business or Systems and Industrial Engineering.
- Accomplished 10+ years experience in combination of business analysis and project management experience (essential).
- At least 3+ years of Product Launch experience.
- Minimum 6 years experience of Operations experience
- IT systems (SAP, WMS, TMS, EDI, etc capabilities) implementation experience (desired).
- Project Management certification (PMP) (desired).
-Service and support experience in consumer electronics industry and APAC region (desired).