Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting-edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers. Our talented and motivated team is scattered across the globe with team members hailing from every continent but Antarctica! We're constantly on the lookout for great talent to join our awesome team. If you’d like to become part of the Kinsta family, hit apply!
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent Malware & Abuse Engineer with exceptional communication and technical skills who can provide specialized malware remediation and technical assistance to our customers.
Support at Kinsta is not an afterthought; it is part of the Kinsta DNA and culture to provide world-class support to our customers.
As Kinsta's Malware & Abuse Engineer you will:
- Take ownership of issues and see problems through to resolution
- Monitor, investigate, research, and resolve malware issues, communicating with customers throughout the process as appropriate
- Monitor, investigate, and resolve spam and IP address blacklisting issues
- Work with customers to address issues of resource overuse or platform abuse
- Crave knowledge and continue to hone and improve your own technical and non-technical skills
The Malware & Abuse Engineer will need to work according to EMEA business hours.
- The ideal Kinsta Malware & Abuse Engineer is technically knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
- Excellent customer support is one of the cornerstones of our business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it's our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we're extremely careful about adding new Engineers to our team.
- We hire individuals with a variety of different backgrounds and expertise - some of us are Linux systems administrators, others have previously worked as WordPress developers, while others are internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service. The underlying shared background amongst us all is our passion for serving our customers.
All of our Malware & Abuse Engineers must meet the following core requirements:
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- A strong understanding of and experience with the following technologies: Linux, NGINX, MySQL/MariaDB, PHP, DNS, CDN, and caching (object and page).
- Familiar with WordPress: database structure, file/directory structure, wp-config.php directives, and other common WordPress topics. Experience with WP-CLI preferred.
- The ability to investigate, determine the source of, and resolve outbound email spam processes and other platform abuse situations.
- Consummate professionalism: we're a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
- This is a fully remote role. The Malware & Abuse Engineer can work from anywhere with reliable broadband internet access and electrical infrastructure.
- Fully remote culture with a globally distributed, international team.
- In order to ensure that everyone has time to rest and recharge, we offer Flexible paid time off.
- This position offers a great deal of flexibility, responsibility, and opportunity for growth for the right candidate.
- We always use the latest version of everything: PHP 8, NGINX, Ubuntu 20.04, Linux containers, Google Cloud, and more, so you’ll be able to work with a bunch of exciting technologies and use them every day!