Plentina is looking for ambitious applicants that are interested to join a startup focused on financial inclusion.
Plentina is an early-stage fintech startup on a mission to serve the world’s emerging middle class with access to affordable credit. There are 4B underbanked people in the world, most of whom are in emerging markets that lack a viable credit infrastructure. We’re building new approaches to unlocking creditworthiness at scale for the world’s unbanked. Plentina was founded by two Stanford graduates that are alums of tech and finance giants including Google, NASA, Bridgewater Associates, and Charles Schwab.
The team is a group of passionate individuals striving to unlock the Filipino’s potential by providing access to finance through a collection of diverse skill sets working together to provide customers value.
Plentina is looking for an energetic Management Trainee: Operations and Customer Service that acts as a liaison to the users of the app. The primary task includes assisting the users in resolving emerging problems and providing information to relieve their concerns. The company can offer you mentorship and expand your skill set quickly into other areas that you might be interested in.
We’re seeking candidates who are comfortable with assuming a high level of responsibility, taking ownership by designing and building independently, and fixing problems as they arise. You’ll collaborate with our technical, business, operations, and legal firm on a regular basis.
Training will be paid for by the company as necessary to keep up to date with the latest regulation changes.
The Management Trainee: Operations and Customer Service will report to the Customer Communications Manager.
What is expected in the role:
- Ultra passionate about our mission to unlock financial services for the Philippines’ emerging middle class
- Comfortable being part of a high risk / high reward startup environment as a member of our founding team
- Has excellent communication skills and high attention to detail
- Has a strong sense of ownership of their work and its impact on our customers’ experiences and livelihoods
- Able to communicate effectively in English and Filipino
- Able to empathize with different users
- Able to use positive language
- Able to learn fast and master the app's features
- Able to identify/collaborate with internal stakeholders to solve user issues
- Has superior problem-solving skills
Your duties will include:
- Helping users by providing answers to technical issues with the app and/or their respective Plentina accounts
- Recommending other products and services offered by the company to assist customers with their concerns
- Doing reports to help evaluate the system and recommend potential enhancement for procedures
- Candidates with bachelor's degrees, preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Communications, or related fields
- 1+ year of experience in a fast-growing start-up company, preferably in the fintech space
- Experience working with remote teams and US-based remote leadership
- With customer support experience
- With high customer service orientation
- With good working knowledge of operating systems
Expected start date: ASAP
- Cover letter addressed to the Country Manager of the company
*Please include in the cover letter your answer to the following question:
Why do you think banks in the Philippines are not focused on the majority of the population and are only focused on the top 5 percent? What would you do differently?