We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Market Delivery (Myanmar)
The role of Manager, Market Delivery, based out of Myanmar, will be the lead representative and the primary contact for Mastercard pertaining to technical, system and operational matters for all MasterCard’s customers in Myanmar
The role requires an extensive understanding of the customer’s implementation plan/ requirements, operational environment, challenges/ “pain-points”;
The successful candidate must also be familiar with MasterCard Rules, products and solutions and able to act as a bridge/ channel between the local market and the Mastercard regional teams, working in high degree of collaboration to deliver innovative payment solutions/ platforms to customers in Myanmar and garner support from internal teams in resolving customer’s technical issues
The role also requires effective business communication/ presentation skills and fully conversant on technical/ payment operation matters when engaged in discussion with customers. Ability to effectively and proactively identify challenges/ opportunities with the customers, is also a critical skill for this role.
The Key focus areas are: Customer Relationships at an operational and technical level and managing project activities, Point of escalation, in-market products/ services implementation and delivery prioritization with the market management team. Operations performance optimization, readiness assessments and project/ solution scoping.
- Provide lead role for delivery function such as operational support for Mastercard core systems, product/ services in the market.
- Ensure robust project management, performance management and output quality across all phases of the delivery process.
- Leads the implementation of the MasterCard solutions with customers and onboarding of new customers onto Mastercard. This includes pre-implementation scoping with customers, assess readiness of customers, support for initiating implementation projects and seeing the project through to completion.
- Provide technical account management for customers in the market viz. supporting the investigation and resolution of production/non-production issues with the support of second line escalation teams.
- Contribute to the pipeline development, by working with the country manager, account managers, in country business development leads, regional product leads and the O&T leads, to prioritize in-market projects and initiatives.
- Provide necessary training to the customers or their vendors (if required by customer) to improve their operational efficiency and performance and provide advice on solutions/ fixes to prevent/ pre-empt future technical issues.
- Support the regional team in the project management activities, facilitate customer and partner relationships, and coordinate local-based activities assigned to customer and partner.
- Work with the regional team to deploy the Real-time payment solution. Assist in ensuring the expected quality of the deployment with understanding of local market situation and requirement throughout project implementation, testing and training phases.
All About You
- Good knowledge about card/digital payments (e.g. transaction flow, transaction processing and card center operations) is a critical skill for this role;
- Experience with working in International card scheme(s)/ payment processor will be an advantage.
- Demonstratable success in project management, focusing on technical aspects of customers’ accounts, and able to provide “hands on” operational support/ issue resolutions and technical implementation of Mastercard core systems/products & solutions
- Strong and proven experience in managing technical implementations and ability to navigate complex matrix environments for issue resolution/ operational support.
- Proven ability to work across cultures, time zones and career levels.
- Technical oriented and experienced in managing and delivering technical solutions. Experience with Payment systems viz. International card schemes and Real-time payment/ACH and/or ISO200222 payment system preferred.
- Understanding of Mastercard/Payment products and services at a high level is a plus.
- Able to clearly communicate complex technical and business information in an easy to understand manner
- Understand customer needs, empathize with customers’ pain-points and translating that into solutions to address them will be a critical skill for this role.
- Able to identify issues and proactively resolve issues through escalation to appropriate partners
- Able to effectively deliver messages both verbally and in writing
- Experienced in coordinating and tracking progress in large project implementations.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.