WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others, as well as Xandr?s suite of advanced advertising solutions designed to help to improve advertising for brands, publishers, and consumers. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
What Part Will You Play
This position will be managing the administrative and coordination tasks within the Original Production and Development team based out of Singapore. The Production Manager oversees the department to ensure the efficient completion of productions and with a focus on the highest standard of quality, delivery on time, and on budget.
In addition, the Production Manager works with the VP of Kids Content as well as the Director of Original Productions on identifying, producing, and creating a robust pipeline of animated content for the Asia Pacific region, works on nurturing and developing up and coming production houses and creators as well as assists the VP and Director on liaison with government agencies, media development boards and associations in organizing engagement activities such as masterclasses, workshops, and events, as delegated.
Essential Job Functions
Working with the Original Production and Development team on animated kids? projects for Cartoon Network, Pogo, and Boomerang .
- Oversee production, working closely with the production team to ensure that all production goals and deadlines are met. When issues/problems arise, the PM will flag to the Director and bring forward suggestions on how to resolve the issues/problems. When the Director is out of the office, cover all applicable responsibilities
- Liaising with various departments on legal as well as OP delivery, materials, assets, and payments
- On top of creative notes, also track legal and S&P notes
- Liaising with various regional animation studios on short-form, series and feature-length productions
- Main contact with partner studios and to work closely with them to ensure that the projects are on track and clear on expectations for the week. Flag any delays from Turner to Partner and vice versa. Ensure that new requests from the partners are reviewed and responded to in a timely manner.
- Manages, mentors and guides the Production Coordinator/s on a daily basis to ensure all show needs are met
- Ensure that all show elements and production material is archived as per WM policy
Understanding overall corporate goals and working with the team on developing animated kids? projects for Cartoon Network, Pogo, and Boomerang
[10%] COLLABORATION AND VALUE ADD (Internal Stakeholders):
- Partner with VP and Director to identify IP to up and coming creators, studios and potential concepts
- Work closely with the creators and development team to ensure that all development goals and deadlines are met
- Manage and prepare materials for the greenlight process
Ensuring that OPD supports other LOBs and values adds to the overall corporate vision
[10%] INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT (External Stakeholders):
- Manage internal communications between the department.
- Engage various LOBs on the intricacy of OPD.
Understanding market trends and building a network of best-in-class partners in the region and across the globe
- Engage external partners at various markets
- Develop a list of go-to partners from government/funding agencies, creators to studios and nurture the relationships
- Broad knowledge and experience in Animation workflows and pipelines
- Degree or equivalent experience in Animation production
- Experience in animation regardless of previous roles, particularly in the Asia Pacific region
- Fluent in English written and oral communication skills, other Asian languages a plus
- General knowledge of Accounting
But wait, there is more!
- Keen interest in Animation Management/Producing
- Ability to manage remote teams
- Above average skills in Cross-cultural communication
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
- Cool benefits such as Summer Fridays
- More Fun, Less Fear, All In Culture