Career Area:Manufacturing & Supply ChainJob Description:
- Caterpillar’s Manufacturing Engineer position works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing. In addition, Manufacturing Engineers function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility. Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Caterpillar standard processes
- Plan, Perform Process design and Analyze requirements to make recommendations for facility systems, processes, equipment needs, and engineering product designs
- Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
- Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans
- Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement
- Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements Virtually and Physical validation.
- Improve space utilization in manufacturing and office spaces
- Design and Develop Manufacturing Layout with Optimized flow and 3R Principle Perform Strategic Manufacturing planning Required Qualifications
- University or technical school degree in a manufacturing engineering-related discipline
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing concepts
- Minimum of 5 year of manufacturing engineering-related experience
- Good communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills Desired Qualifications Prior experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of employees and customers
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .