Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bangkok, Thailand.
Remote location(s): Thailand.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Industrial, Mechanical, Manufacturing Engineering, Physical Sciences, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role for PCBA SMT processes.
- Manufacturing experience in PCBA SMT manufacturing processes, DFM, and FMEA.
- Master's or PhD in Mechanical/Industrial/Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering.
- 10 years of manufacturing experience in SMT process development and final assembly.
- Experience with manufacturing inspection and testing procedures and practices.
- Experience with setting up SPC, CP, and CPK monitoring.
About The Job
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Work at a supplier site as an onsite engineer.
- Support production released products until End of Line (EOL), overseeing assembly processes yield and control, cost reduction activities, and support automation solutions. Identify, and drive DfM and process improvements that reduce process cycle times and cost, increased yield while maintaining exceptional quality.
- Design experiments, manage control builds, collect data, conduct first article inspections, and ensure that the assembly processes are maintained or improved through the various change management activities.
- Assist other Google teams with providing on-site support for sustaining activities, pre-production builds at CM/ODM, including driving pre-production factory readiness, supporting product bring-up. Assist with gathering feedback on DFx and yield issues.
- Monitor and trend assembly process issues, initiate root cause investigation, and drive corrective action with the suppliers.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .