Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bangkok, Thailand.
Remote location(s): Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in development of manufacturing test hardware using electronics, fixturing, and instrumentation.
- Experience in the development of manufacturing test software.
- Experience working with PCBA Contract Manufacturer (CM) or Original Design Manufacturer (ODM) in board in-circuit testing, functional testing and system testing.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer science, Mechanical Engineering or a similar technical discipline.
- 5 years of experience as technical lead supporting deployment of manufacturing test solutions in various industry technologies like consumer equipment, networking, server, storage, etc.
- 5 years of expert experience/knowledge in test engineering.
- Experience in software development practices such as Agile, revision control and unit testing.
About The Job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Manufacturing Test Development Engineer, you will evaluate the product designs and create the manufacturing test processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you will ensure manufacturing test processes are repeatable and controlled.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Support Manufacturing Test Development for hardware designs.
- Write test plans and drive test coverage based on product requirements.
- Develop automated test scripts for functional test, software installation and burn-in using Python.
- Design, build and deploy test platforms for Google's global manufacturing partners; analyze, troubleshoot and root cause manufacturing yield issues and field escapes, and drive issues to closure with preventive measures.
- Define the manufacturing test strategy for products and work with our partners to jointly develop the required test solutions.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .