Job Profile Summary
Keen to be part of bp's new strategy? We are looking for an outstanding Market Strategist - GCrude! Embedded within the Oil Strategist team and operating in partnership with senior commercial partners, you will use analysis of fundamentals and other price drivers to form a market view and influence risk deployment.
You will develop and run infrastructure to quantify market fundamentals and their relationship to price. You will translate this into a view and communicate insights to trading partners and influencing commercial delivery. Recognized as holding relevant expertise in energy markets and quantitative methods you provide new insights through innovative analysis and are not afraid to challenge the status quo, enabling Trading & Shipping (T&S) to maintain its competitive position.
Adept at developing partnerships across trading and analytics, you will develop networks that stretch cross-geography and cross-commodity. you use the full suite of skills and capabilities that reside within our strong multidisciplinary analytics team, connecting analysis and information.
- Maintain and develop Asia balances for supply and demand of crude oil
- Co-develop and embed a suite of models to quantify fundamentals and the link to price movements
- Originate tradeable insights out of analysis, and work with Lead Market Strategist & Trade Strategist(s), to form and communicate market/trade views in order to support/challenge trading Books positions
- Understand the major moves that are occurring in the market, how they link back to trading activity and drive original analysis
- Develop effective cross-discipline partnerships within TA&I to bring the best skill sets to problems. Collaborate optimally across regions and commodity lines to build alignment and promote better connectivity
- Grow and embed technical and subject matter expertise across the business and continually develop the Analytics infrastructure and capability, including mentorship of graduates in the crude strategist team
Essential education experience and job requirements
- Academic background; preferably in Economics, Engineering, Data Science or another quantitative background
- Subject matter expertise in relevant commodity line and/or technical field
- Knowledge of relevant commodity markets, traded instruments and energy economics
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving capability and prioritisation under pressure
- History of developing partnerships with partners to deliver successful outcomes
- Functional expertise developing quantitative analytics infrastructure and modelling
- Able to communicate key themes and messages clearly and succinctly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Trading & Shipping
Job Family Group
Supply & Trading Group
Yes - up to 10%
TRADING & SHIPPING
Our purpose is to bring together people, energy and markets to power and navigate a changing world.
In a time of constant change and possibility we need new talent to pursue commercial opportunities, fuelled by world-class insight and expertise. We’re always striving for more innovative digital solutions, sustainable outcomes and closer collaboration across our company and beyond, and you could be part of that too. Together we continue to grow as the world’s leading energy trader.
Join Us And Help Us Achieve These Goals By
- developing and continuously evolving a globally diversified portfolio that accesses new markets, commodities and commercial opportunities
- collaborating with our business groups to provide innovative commercial and marine solutions that add value to bp’s assets and flows
- delivering high-quality earnings and creating an organisation that is swift to identify and optimise market insights
- navigating a new era of energy for our planet, by sea
- acting with respect and integrity at all times, with the people we work with and the markets we operate in
- maintaining a comprehensive, rigorous and holistic risk control framework that ensures we operate in a safe, compliant and efficient way at all times
- empowering the deep expertise and leadership of our people