This position can be located remotely from any major US city.
This position is responsible for managing the development of marketing strategy and programs to maximize customer demand and sales growth for emerging industries within Rockwell Automation. The position works across both Process and Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) Industries and must be able to work independently and collaborate with multiple internal organizations and professionals at various levels, globally, including Regional Sales & Marketing, Industry Teams, Business Units and Marketing Function.
Summary Of Responsibilities
Develop strategies with the Global Industry Team, Regional Marketing, Marketing Communications and Strategy/Marketing Director of both CPG and Process Industries for Rockwell Automation to drive sales and profit for Emerging markets including e-commerce warehousing, supply chain automation, and energy management. Develop compelling strategies though research and knowledge of the industry, customer needs, market trends, customer/market segmentation, and external environmental trends. Partner with key stakeholders to leverage a range of qualitative (observational research, customer interview, sales feedback, etc.) and quantitative (analytics, market research, surveys etc.) to deeply understand, articulate and prioritize the needs and opportunities of industry and strategic customers. Establish and direct relationships with RA Business Units, sales, solutions and services to drive solution development and deployment. Collaborate with other industry MDM’s to identify common customer needs across multiple industries that can be leverage for faster to market solutions and thought leadership. Responsible for on-going Industry proof points, including campaign material, collateral for trade conferences and sales enablement support such as Industry demo’s and sales support material. This is accomplished by developing a deep understanding of Rockwell Automation technology, solutions and services. Accountable for overall budget facilitation, reports, and metrics. Develop and execute plans with Portfolio Marketing to grow share with major project launches within Industry Marketing across all regions. Partner to optimize the product portfolio to develop competitive global and regional product lines considering regional customer, competitive, pricing, supply chain, and regulatory dynamics. Assist with the develop of the Rockwell Automation Industry Marketing Strategic Plan (MSP) that drives company strategy from short to long term opportunities. Connect with customers directly and indirectly to develop relationships and learn of coming trends and translate into future investment opportunities
KEY SKILLS, ABILITIES And ATTRIBUTES
- Substantial knowledge and experience in defining and developing new market opportunities
- Strong marketing skills both strategic and commercial
- Strong leadership skills – personal leadership and collaboration skills
- Strong ability to work through ambiguity to identify needs and potential outcomes
- Self-starter, proven team player capable of prioritizing own work and that of a matrix team
- Able to work in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Ability to use online tools to create and execute on complex marketing plans, while establishing, measuring, and reporting out KPI’s
- Ability to keep focus on long term trends and business needs, while ensuring short term outcomes
- Experience developing multi-year plans and ensuring implementation
- Maturity and executive presence, perceived as equal counterpart with all levels of an organization
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills required
- Global mindset and able to interact with a global organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in engineering or marketing,
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa, now or in the future, for this job opening
- MBA Preferred
- The position requires a broad skill set, and at least 5-10 years of marketing experience in Industry Marketing or End User/OEM Marketing/Strategy Development Roles
- Some automation or industry experience required
The base salary compensation range for this role in Colorado is 119k-149k with an annual target bonus of 8% of base salary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application proces