1.1 Together with the Marketing Manager , Operations, agreed rate/pricing points structure and strategy for all market segments for the different SBUs (Single Business Unit) and/or brands.
1.2 Ensure that they meet the goals of the Marketing Plan
1.3 Establish and maintain effective employee working relations both within the department and with other departments
1.4 Attend selected trade functions, i.e. trade shows and meetings to promote sales and image for the Company
1.5 Analyze and review market changes and implement programs with the Sales Team to meet changes, i.e. changes to the consumers segment, inflation, or competitor initiatives
1.6 Maintain close relationships with all key decision-makers both in local and international markets
1.7 Regularly entertain major clients of the Company
1.8 Maintain a high level of exposure for the Company in the major marketing areas through direct sales solicitation, telephone and written communications
1.9 Ensure up-to-date Company/SBUs/Brand profile
1.10 Pay regular visits to all major/key accounts
1.11 Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Operation to ensure that the measurable results targets are achieved
2. CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
2.1 Conducts regular Marketplace/Sectors analysis.
2.2 Create ongoing activities that promote the Company and its products.
2.3 Learns from customers what the competitors are doing to promote their products.
2.4 Stay up to date with the industry trends through; reads industry publications, visits industry websites and attends conventions, conferences and trade shows.
2.5 Work with in-house staff/contractors to develop any advertising, promotions, social media and public relations activities.
- Preferably a university degree or college diploma in Hospitality, Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field is required
- Minimum of 4 years in a similar role with experience in related Sales and Marketing
- Prior experience developing budgets, forecasting, goal setting and implementing sales strategy is required
- Prior experience serving on an Executive Committee – Strategic Leadership is preferred
- Previous supervisory or management experience in sales, marketing, public relations and/or the tourism/hospitality industry is required
- Knowledge of the product and competitive environment is required
- Proof of previous sales success
5. KNOWLEDGE & SKILL
- Superior communication and presentation skills are required; must possess fluency in English
- Demonstrated superior command of negotiation skills; able to direct and guide a team of sales professionals through challenging negotiations when necessary
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule in order to achieve all business objectives
- Strong network of connections is an asset
- Leadership, Excellent Communication, Human Resource Management, Financial Management, Time Management and Strategic Planning skills
6. WORKING ENVIRONMENT
6.1 Environment: Indoor/Outdoor, Office & Food and Beverage/Hospitality environment. Standard hours must be maintained. Additional hours may be necessary to provide support for special functions related to the Brand’s success.