We are looking for a commercially aware and customer-focused Marketing Manager to join our lively and enthusiastic marketing team with a primary focus of this role working with colleagues from Taylor & Francis marketing and editorial teams.
The position includes responsibility for the promotion of Taylor & Francis portfolio and engagement of Authors, Researchers and Societies across multiple specialties. The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness and have the necessary marketing and management skills to plan innovative, results and customer-focused, marketing and team objectives to achieve results.
What you'll be doing:
- Monitoring and analyzing market trends
- Studying competitors’ products and services
- Being the face of Taylor & Francis at events and customer visits
- Engage with customers through compelling relationship marketing campaigns to build, nurture and grow relationships
- Identifying target markets and developing strategies to communicate with them
- To manage and support the respective marketing team in the achievement of objectives and to ensure that staff development and objectives are supported and achieved
- To assess budgets and resource requirements
- To encourage both critical and creative thinking within the team and make recommendations for action or change to senior management accordingly
- To contribute actively to the development of the marketing strategy, and to work collaboratively with all members of the senior marketing management team
- Maintain and develop an awareness of open access market developments, including competitor activities, needs of customers, advances in technology, and professional and academic trends
- To work with others in the business to proactively manage and nurture partner relationships with societies and editors
- To act as a senior representative of the business at all time and to contribute to global departmental goals and planning
What we're looking for:
- Experience in a marketing environment, ideally in a management role
- Understanding of the role of marketing, and proven track record of goal-achievement in evidence-based marketing campaigns
- Understanding of academic publishing; including the competitive environment, potential partner organizations and market trends
- Taking an intuitive approach, and always looking at the bigger picture, the successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate the ability to manage an important portfolio through their team and hands on marketing
- Critical thinking and analytical ability
- Excellent team player and relationship building abilities
- Excellent time management skills; meets deadlines
- Builds effective relationships up and down organization
- Relevant professional experience
- Proven track record of goal-achievement in a marketing role
- Hands-on experience with using marketing tools such as Marketing Cloud and WordPress
- Excellent organizational, time-management and analytic skills
- Excellent communication skills across a range of written and oral media
- Strong team player with a positive, enthusiastic approach to their work
- Successful experience in managing a product portfolio or customer channel
- Industry and market expertise
- Demonstrable customer and commercial awareness; including the competitive environment, potential partner organisations and market trends.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive salary
- 20 days annual leave
- 4 volunteering days annually
- Day off for your birthday
- Seasonal social and charitable events
- Training and development
- You must have the right to work and live in Singapore
- This role is based in Singapore
- The role will initially be home-based, subject to review when covid-19 restrictions ease
We would like to thank all applicants in advance and regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Taylor & Francis Group an Informa Business
Informa is a leading academic publishing, business intelligence, knowledge and events business, creating unique content and connectivity for customers all over the world. It is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 100.
Taylor & Francis Group produces high quality, peer reviewed books and journals. We produce unique, trusted content by expert authors, spreading knowledge and promoting discovery globally. We aim to broaden thinking and advance understanding, providing academics and professionals with a platform to share ideas and realize their individual potential.
To find out more about our business and the great career opportunities please go to our Careers Site: http://www.taylorandfrancisgroup.com/careers
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.