General Dynamics Information Technology is seeking MBSE Engineer Senior Advisors who holds or can attain a Secret clearance. Site location: remote
The position will support a US Air Force program that is playing a major role in strengthening and modernizing America's Strategic Deterrent Force.
GDIT will develop and deliver a digital engineering design solution, which enables and integrates the program’s complete set of data, tools, and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) activities, and makes them available to internal and appropriate external engineering and programmatic stakeholders throughout the program’s lifecycle.
This effort will culminate in an abstracted, highly transportable environment delivered to the Government, to be instantiated “virtually” on the Government’s network infrastructure, and updated during the Engineering and Manufacturing Development (EMD) phase of weapon system development.
- Must be capable of performing analysis of system operations
- Must be capable of system decomposition via OMG frameworks (UML, DoDAF 2.0/UPDM, SysML, UAF)
- Must be able to model systems via different perspectives (e.g. capability, operational, system, functional) and at various levels of abstraction
- Must be familiar with UML modeling tools (NoMagic preferred)
- Must be able to meet with stakeholders in a variety of system domains and analyze requirement, process, system, and/or capability
- Must be capable of extending UML-based models to other tools or modeling environments via existing frameworks/API’s
- Must have the ability to generate/produce data and reports
- Interact and professionally exhibit customer service skills and be able to present a positive approach with customers and peers
- Must be willing to support up to an 84-hour Extended Work Week
- Other duties and responsibilities as required and assigned
- Experience modeling complex systems for Department of Defense or other government organizations
- Experience using configuration management/version control tools such as Git
- Experience publishing models to web-based or document-based formats
- Experience developing applications using object-oriented programming languages
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and ExcelExperience in a rapid paced, time sensitive, high quality environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with strong customer service
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively including attention to detail
- BA/BS with 8+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree. (15 total years of applicable experience in lieu of a degree.)
- Ability to attain a US Secret security clearance
#DEE2020 #kmp #MBSE #Defense #HBSS #remote #systemsengineering #cjobs #dicepost #gdpost
Scheduled Weekly Hours
T Elecommuting Options
USA ID Home Office (IDHOME)
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.