Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of work: The Medical Doctor (SRH) will be responsible for sexual and reproductive health services in WPE/SRH integrated center. The Medical Doctor (SRH) needs to build capacity of PHC team members and participate in project monitoring and evaluation. The Medical Doctor (SRH) is under direct supervision of clinic team supervisor but works under management of center manager operationally and this position is based in Kutkai Township, Northern Shan State with occasionally travel inside identified IDP camps and/ or isolated villages from Kutkai Township.
Implementation of clinical care in WPE/SRH integrated center
- Prepare daily duty roster and monthly workplan of WPE/SRH integrated center and submit to center manager, clinic team supervisor and project manager (HHR).
- Establishes sexual and reproductive health care of girls and women in the center according to MOHS and IRC protocols
- Conduct family planning counselling sessions using GATHER counselling approach and assist the clients in order to decide and choose suitable/ appropriate methods of contraception.
- Provide FP services including both short-term and long-term reversible contraception except implant.
- Provide clinical care of sexual assault survivors according MOHS guidelines and IRC’s standard CCSAS guidelines.
- Involve in prevention and treatment of STI for women and girls visited to the center.
- Provide MHPSS counselling and c-IYCF counselling as needed.
- Build strong coordination and collaboration between SRH center and PHC center (Nant Phat Kar) for referral of the PHC patients.
- Ensure people from the camps can access SRH services especially for PWDs and pregnant women by providing through outreach activities to the camps.
- Coordinate and collaborate with BHS of MOHS for SRH activities as needed
- Develop proper health care waste management system in SRH center as needed
- Capacity building of the SRH team members, local partner medical staffs and government health officials
- Supervise team members in their day-to-day activities and provide feedback to ensure quality work
- Supervise clinic nurses in drug and commodities management
- Supervise clinic nurses to ensure good IPC practices and proper waste management in SRH center
- Coordinate and collaborate with Capacity building team for quality assurance, technical oversight and capacity development of the team members
- Support and provide on-the-job training to SRH team members as needed
Monitoring and evaluation
- Organize data entry and analysis of monthly SRH activities and achievements in the standard IRC - Humanitarian Health Response Database
- Assist Project Manager to prepare IRC Global Minimum Health Indicators Report, Monthly Data Reports, etc
- Provide regular, on time and quality monthly narrative report to clinic team supervisor and Project Manager (HHR)
- Assist Project Manager on preparation of donor, IRC in-country and HQ report as needed
- Provide regular and on time monthly report of SRH activities to township medical officer of MOHS as needed
- Coordinate with program support teams to implement project activities in time
- Provide procurement documents in advance as needed
- In collaboration with other members of the health project team, participate in the design and implementation of formative assessments and baseline studies in order to identify health priorities and practices among the IDP and community
- Remain flexible to perform other duties as required or requested
- Registeredfemalemedical doctor (M.B.,B.S.) with minimum 2 years’ experiences on reproductive care settings and clinic management
- Favorable to person with experience on medical response to disaster and conflict affected area
- Sensitivity leadership skill and team management skill
- Strong mentorship in capacity building of team members and local partner staff
- Adaptable, flexible and mature in judgment
- Good assessment, analytical, planning and reporting skills
- Have ability and motivation to travel and work long continuous days in remote IDP camps/ remote villages in Northern Shan and Kachin States
- Good English language skill (both oral and written)
- Good practice on MS package
- Understanding of medical ethic, patient education and humanitarian principles
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.