- Lead the construction site project team, subcontractors, owner's consultants and representatives to ensure optimal alignment and efficient systems installation.
- Prepare and manage the contract item's list for all components, materials and systems to ensure that all key target dates are in compliance with the project schedule with the appropriate approval status.
- Participate in schedule update meetings and provide the latest information for an informed and accurate schedule.
- Evaluate and manage the processing of RFI's and prepare S.I for any changes.
- Communicate with Project Manager, consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project.
- Managing, monitoring and interpreting the contract design documents supplied.
- Management of the site.
- Supervising and monitoring the site labor force.
- Overseeing quality control and health safety matters on site.
- Evaluating site reports, design and drawings.
- Maintaining quality control procedures.
- Motivating the workforce.
- Problem solving.
Education, Knowledge and Experience;
- B.Sc or B.E in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited academic institution.
- Working experience in Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia or Cambodia.
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations governing large construction projects.
- In-depth knowledge of Local Code and Singapore Code.
- In-depth knowledge of mechanical, electrical and plumbing techniques.
- In-depth knowledge of project management methodologies, techniques and concepts.
- Excellent communication skills in English - oral and written as well as presentation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office Tools, ACAD and software relevant to job functions.
- Minimum of 10 years' post BSc qualification experience with a minimum of (6) years' managing large construction/commercial projects with primary responsibility for mechanical/electrical and plumbing systems. OR
- Equivalent combination of Qualification, Training and Experience.
Management of Department
- Operates as a critical member of the corporate team in the Construction Division's strategic planning initiatives.
- Assists in the development of a Divisional Action Plan relevant to MEP activities.
- Assist in the development of standard operating procedures relevant to mechanical/electrical and plumbing engineering.
- Assists in developing and monitoring project performance against strategies and plans and takes action as necessary to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Develops and reviews designs for mechanical/electromechanical, HVAC electrical and plumbing systems and oversees the preparation of related engineering drawings.
- Prepares MEP Design Reports and pursue approvals from relevant regulatory authorities.
- Evaluates mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by undertaking and applying the relevant principles.
- Assists in the development of RFOs/ RFPs from inception to sign-off of project(s).
- Oversees and monitors the construction of mechanical/electromechanical, electrical and plumbing systems.
- Provides technical advice/input relevant of MEP systems.
- Read and interpret design and construction drawings, schematics and system generated reports.
- Ensures that the records management function is maintained in accordance with the Corporation's approved policies and procedures.
- Prepares engineering reports, budgets, tender documents, cost estimates and assists in the evaluation of proposal.
- Prepares any other reports as directed.
- Attends per-consturction meetings with clients, contractors and consultants as necessary.
- Assists Clients in preparation of User Requirements, ensuring clarity of goals and client expectations.
- Ensures that the RFPs for each project are clearly documented and communicated to appropriate personnel in keeping with the approved procedures.
- Assists in developing schedules and Milestones towards achieving the end date of assigned projects and submits for approval.
- Responsible for delivering MEP solutions to engineering queries and requests from internal/external stakeholders of the Corporation.
- Mobilizes and manages relevant project resources and related issues in accordance with the project plan.
- Monitors activities and takes necessary action to ensure milestones are achieved.
- Participates in risk assessment and recommends design modifications to eliminate system malfunctions.
- Recommends and coordinates integrity and performance testing of equipment.
- Supervises, monitors and evaluates the performance of Contractors/Consultants on project sites.
- Ensures adherence to quality control, monitoring compliance with building and safety codes and relevant regulations.
Health & Safety
- Liaises with the Health and Safety Department to ensure compliance with the Corporation's legal requirements.
- Ensures that all Health and Safety issues which have been highlighted and/or officially reported are addressed within the stipulated timeframes.
- Leads and/or participates in incident investigations.
Communication and Relationship Internal Team
- Assists in maintaining effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs any other duties related to the job function as may be necessary.