The Red Hat Consulting Services team is looking for a Middleware Consultant to join us in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. In this role, you will use our unique middleware applications capabilities for DevOps, continuous integration (CI), and cloud-based development consulting projects. You will play a key role in our customers’ evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions practical and workable for their businesses. As a Middleware Consultant, you’ll need to learn new solutions and technologies and expand your core base of expertise while traveling to customer sites within Southeast Asia (ASEAN).
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Guide the on-site implementation of technologies like Red Hat Middleware, Red Hat OpenShift application development, and Red Hat 3scale API Management solutions
- Gain understanding of customer infrastructure and application and business needs, make recommendations to resolve issues, and customers make strategic decisions
- Build enterprise applications and capabilities around cloud technologies to streamline development and enable continuous feature release of applications
About Red Hat
- 7+ years of experience with and advanced knowledge of middleware and JEE, including enterprise web or middleware development project experience
- 7+ years of experience working directly with enterprise stakeholders on a range of development and deployment projects
- Advanced Java and architecture experience, including demonstrated architect-level involvement with many aspects of middleware
- Understanding of Java frameworks and libraries, e.g., Spring, Hibernate, Apache Struts, and Apache Tomcat
- Advanced experience with at least one of the major middleware solutions, preferably Red Hat Middleware or competitive solutions like Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, webMethods, and TIBCO
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, object-oriented design, development principles including enterprise design patterns, Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), API management, DevOps, and mobile development
- Willingness to travel up to 50% within the ASEAN region
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.