Type: Full Time
Location: Southeast Asia (Only)
We have been growing on average 100% a year since 2015. We are the fifth-largest peer-to-peer car-sharing platform in the world and are on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport. Since starting we have grown our community to more than 4,000+ cars being shared with over 150,000+ members.
Our fast growth and market position has been recently recognised by:
- 2020 - Financial Times High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 500
- 2019 - Australian Growth Company Awards, winner - Company to watch
- 2019 - Deloitte Technology Fast 50
About the role
We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated mid or senior engineer with experience in building & optimising Ionic/Angular apps to join our highly experienced and mission-driven development team as we scale up. You should be a team player with a high degree of personal accountability who loves shipping polished products optimised for end-user experience. Your expertise and contributions will help drive our technical strategy and the direction of the platform as we grow to reach the greater Australian market and beyond. This is a full-time role with an immediate start, working remotely.
As a part of the team, you’ll be:
- Working as a member of our tactical, cross-functional team tasked with optimising our hybrid mobile apps and taking them to the next level. Examples include better camera and mapping integrations, optimising third-party plugins, and ensuring speedy app performance and device compatibility.
- Contributing to the continual improvement of the platform by implementing AB testing and working cross-functionally with our Insights team
- Contributing to the direction of our technical environment and development practices.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A strong history building and optimising Angular/Ionic or Cordova hybrid or Cordova apps. React native experience will also be considered.
- Experience ensuring device coverage, testing, and operability
- Familiarity with UI principles and patterns
- An agile mindset and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Pride in your work and a desire to contribute to a team of dedicated and talented people
- A strong understanding of native application development is a big plus
- Alignment with our mission and a passion to get involved
Want to apply?
Please go to our careers page (https://www.carnextdoor.com.au/careers/jobs/app-optimisation-1) and complete our 5min application form.
In order to build on our strong team culture, we can only accept applicants who have a minimum of 4 hours cross over from 8am - 6pm AEST.