As part of Telenor Group, Telenor Myanmar is on a mission to connect people to what matters most to them by empowering the societies. Telenor Myanmar exists to make mobile services available and affordable to all people in Myanmar. We are serving more than 22 million customers, and our 4GSuperLTE+ network covers more than 92% of the country’s population. Our Team of highly competent and motivated employees are here to provide the customers with the power of digital communication, enabling them to improve their lives, build societies and secure a better future for all.
This position is to participate as a member of the technology team in IT governance processes and solution delivery.
- Delivery of products, features and configuration changes
- Support on the mobile app development
- Fix app front-end and backend related issues
- Engagement with Business stakeholders to capture and understand requirements and working with IT partners to deliver quality products
- Design and build applications for the android application platform
- Deliver Mobile app platform requirements and associated eco-system to meet current and future business requirements
- Ensure non-regression when developing new features
- Support deployment, product change and go-live activities success (this will involve regular participation in non-business hours operation)
- Ensure mobile app platform environment run smoothly with zero outage
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with a team to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality and to work on automation
- Meet the business milestones with a project manager/product owner view with the expected quality of delivery
- Take the end to end ownership of the product delivery
- Support senior members in activities and proactively and professionally
- Be accountable for other certain tasks assigned by manager
- Manage Vendors and Partners
Required Qualification & Expereince:
- Education and qualifications: Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science or Technology
- Experience in building android applications that can handle Unicode/zawgyi display
- At least 3 years or more Mobile Application Experiences with Android and Middleware development
- Experience in Agile based software delivery with a Devops culture
- Knowledge or experience with Android SDK and Java development skills
- Knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience in Front-End development and knowledge in Back-End development
- Experience or knowledge in performance analysis, tuning and deliver an effective mobile user experience
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect android applications to back-end services
- Knowledge of other third-party libraries, APIs ,Web technologies and UI/UX standards
- Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems and strong programming skills: Java, PHP and Android Developer Tools, designing & development with native and hybrid
- Experience in installing and using CI-CD Automation Tools
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration (Jenkins, BuildBot, etc.), Virtualization (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.), Source Control Management (Git, Perforce, etc.), AWS/Cloud services
- Database design and optimization skills preferably in PostgresSQL and SQL-Lite
- Experience in UI/UX of features and processes
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle by taking end-to-end product delivery
- Have a good inter-personal skill, proactive, self-learning, good attitude, professional mindset, attention to details and efficient communications in both English and Myanmar
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute assigned tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Proven experience in vendor management
- Demonstrate ability to work well independently, and in a task-oriented, teamwork
Language requirement: Myanmar, English
Telenor Myanmar offers a compensation package with a highly competitive base salary, a performance bonus, relevant allowances, and inclusion in Telenor’s insurance programs for employees.
Since Telenor encourages lifelong continuous learning, as an employee of Telenor you will have access to a vast online learning library to your disposal to develop your competence. As part of a global company, you will learn from global industry experts as well as senior local managers.
Telenor’s head office which is located at Sule Square in the heart of Yangon is assembled on flexible and activity-based workplace environment promoting agility and innovation. Telenor Myanmar workspace includes open areas, library, cafeteria, modern meeting rooms, hot desks, agile zones, play/game room and one of the best views of the city.
We believe in a healthy and safe work environment, and offer flexible working hours and access to ferry transportation to and from the office.