Winrock International works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment, including decades of experience in Myanmar.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Location: Mandalay, Myanmar
Reports To: Project Team Leader
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist will develop M&E tools, indicators, systems and processes that assist Winrock International to achieve and report on program accomplishments in the Myanmar coffee sector.
- With technical team, develop project monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan that provides and M&E framework that pulls together performance information for all activities contributing to the project and meeting funder requirements.
- Lead development of program performance indicators, including those to monitor the program’s agricultural and marking improvements, inclusion of and impacts on disadvantaged groups, and impact on environment Develop standard and custom indicator list to evaluate progress towards meeting program objectives and achieving results.
- Train and monitor local firms to carry out baseline surveys using project-determined methodologies.
- Develop data collection and reporting tools and train staff in using the tools.
- Conduct targeted studies and analysis in-house.
- Train local partners on maintaining proper M&E records and develop protocols for ensuring timely submission of partner data to the project.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
· Degree in social sciences, development economics or related field
· Minimum 5 years of experience in rural/community development, knowledge sharing, monitoring and evaluation.
· Experience leading M&E across an organization or program
· At least 2 years of field-based data collection and analysis experience
· Experience designing M&E methodologies and tools and systems, and capacity to coordinate evaluations
· Ability to coach and train others in using the project’s M&E systems
· Ability to travel to remote areas
· Microsoft Office computer skills
· Excellent management, communication, and organization skills are essential.
· Myanmar and English language required
Applicants should go to the Winrock Careers page at https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing MEL Specialist, Myanmar.
Winrock would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.