The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of Assistant FAOR (Programme),
The National Programme Specialist will ensure effective delivery of the Country Office Programme by supporting programme implementation.
Tasks and responsibilities\:
- Assist in collecting data and information in the areas of agriculture, forestry, fisheries, Livestock and rural development for FAO's country activities
- Assist programme unit to establish and maintain contacts with relevant counterparts and facilitate in briefing counterparts about the progress of the project related activities, technical backstopping and expert missions, etc.
- Liaison with government counterparts and FAO Regional Office/Headquarters for resource mobilization, programme and project formulation, implementation including action planning and budgeting, project monitoring and evaluation
- Facilitate operational and technical clearance from FAO Regional Office/Headquarters and government counterparts for the development of projects / programmes and monitoring the implementation.
- Liaise with CTAs, project coordinators/staffs of other FAO projects in the country for reporting and delivery monitoring
- Provide necessary supports to execute the activities of regional and global initiatives, programmes and projects
- Enter, select, analyse and summarize data from various sources, including FAO corporate systems, such as COIN (Country Office Information System), FPMIS (Field Programme Management Information System), Data warehouse, country databases, etc.
- Liaise with programme and project teams regular update and monitor the country programmes and projects in FPMIS and
- Prepare annual work planning and update in the FAO’s cooperate system such as PIRES
- Facilitate and contribute to regular assessment on cooperate outcomes and CPF
- Provide technical inputs for programme and project formulation and operations in the area of agriculture, livelihoods, food security and nutrition.
- Prepare background material, working papers and tables for briefings, review sessions and meetings.
- Manage and monitor the active and pipelines projects/programmes
- Disseminate information within FAO on the policies and priorities of the resource partner(s) and prepare regular updated profiles and briefs on these resource partners.
- Contribute to country programme formulation and implementation
- Necessary maintain a filing system of technical and project documents and correspondence.
- Assist in translation between English and Myanmar languages as required;
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in Agriculture, Forestry, Livestock and Fishery or related fields.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience mainly in project/programme management (project planning, programming, implementation and monitoring)
- Myanmar National
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Good knowledge and experience in working with government institutions, private sector, CSOs, NGOs and INGOs
- Experience in working with UN or international development organizations (bilateral/multilateral)
- Demonstrated ability to organize the implementation of complex tasks related to field programme development/operations.
- Substantial knowledge in agriculture, forestry, livestock and fishery sectors