The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of Assistant FAOR (Administration),
The National – Procurement and Logistic Assistant will ensure timely procurement are conducted and to be compliances with organization policy and procedure.
The incumbent performs the following duties;
- Ensure procurement processes (including specifications, bidding and award processes, delivery processes) for equipment and supplies (including livestock) are consistent with FAO and project policies, guidelines, and regulations, and Donor policies where relevant;
- Establish and maintain lists of suppliers
- Develop procurement plan in collaboration with technical staff;
- Ensure integrity of bidding documents with respect to specifications, quantities, delivery schedules in collaboration with technical staff
- Drafts relevant letters, fax messages, e-mail messages, Contract, Purchase Orders, Tender documents, as required for the function/activities;
- Prepare Purchase Orders and Contracts for equipment and supplies
- Call for the Procurement Meeting
- Ensure that delivery locations are clearly specified in Purchase Orders; ;
- Identify and arrange temporary storage of procured equipment and supplies;
- Prepare logistics plan for project activities;
- Assist clearing goods for office, Projects and Experts coordinating with the clearing agent.
- Perform other related duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University Degree, Specialized training in administration, finance, accounting and/or Relevant
- Five years experiences in procurement/logistics, preferably with UN experience;
- Fluency in English and Myanmar;
- Myanmar National
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Eexperience in dealing with international resource partners and implementing agencies
- Good interpersonal Skill.
- Negotiation and Advocacy skill.
- Systematic and efficient approach to work assignments, good judgment and analytical ability.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
18/Jan/2021, 11:59:00 PM
Type of Requisition
NPP (National Project Personnel)
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed
above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.