Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days)
Apr 8, 2022, 2:36:53 PM
Apr 23, 2022, 3:44:00 AM
Myanmar-Nay Pyi Taw
SE_MMR WR Office, Myanmar
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
The National Technical Officer (M&E) works under overall guidance of WHO Representative to Myanmar, and direct supervision of the Head of the TB Team, and in close collaboration with the National TB Programme (NTP).
The NTO will provide support to the WHO country offices as well as national programme for the project activities.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
- To assist NTP in preparing/updating its Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan linked to overall annual implementation.
- To assist NTP in preparing sub M&E plans linked to donor-funded projects.
- To assist in data collection, validation, compilation and analysis.
- To undertake supervisory visits for data verification in the field. To provide early warning to NTP in case of anticipated major under-or-over-performance.
- To monitor all technical reports and assist programme manager for corrective actions.
- To monitor the laboratory performance, quality control status and assist programme manager for corrective actions.
- To assist in preparing narrative reports and completing monitoring matrices/dashboards. To involve in training related to data management, computerized reporting, etc.
- To perform any other duties as assigned. To submit quarterly assignment report.
WORK RELATIONS AND PARTNERSHIPS
The National Technical Officer (M&E) collected, complied and analysed epidemiological and programmatic data not only from NTP but also implementing partners. In addition, respond to data requests, support in workplan development and changes. He also monitored GF and 3 MDGs activities across the country in collaboration with staff from States and Regions and prepared quarterly reports to donors after NTP approval. Regularly communicates with central NTP and with WHO country team.
Impact Of Functions
Epidemiological and programmatic data are well monitored and could take an appropriate action urgently. It can help in proper planning, smooth implementation and effective evaluation, these are very helpful for next cycle planning. His/her functions play a key role in analysis of surveillance of TB epidemiological across the country.
Essential: University degree in medicine or medical science
Desirable: Postgraduate degree in public health, special training on M&E related to either TB or other disease control
Professional Experience And Knowledge
- Minimum two years working experience in TB control with involvement in TB data management as well as monitoring/evaluation of control activities and reports related to TB control or any other disease control activities.
- Adequate knowledge on data management in disease control programmes, knowledge on M&E on TB data, computer operating and presentation skills, working knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge on programming and data base are desirable. Computer operating and presentation skills.
Appropriate knowledge of English and excellent knowledge of Myanmar language.
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Producing results
- This Vacancy Notice may be used to fill similar positions at the same level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test and interviews will be used as a form of screening
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.