Network, Systems, and Security Administrator
Rank: Asst. Manager or Manager
Reports to: Deputy Chief Information Officer
The Network and Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining a reliable, secure, and efficient network (both voice and data). S/he will procure, deploy, configure, maintain, secure, and monitor all network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operations, in support of the company’s Digital Transformation Strategy.
S/he must be highly capable, motivated, loves tackling problems head-on, and enjoys coming up with creative solutions. S/he must be able to constantly be updated with hardware and software advancements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Network & Systems Administration
- Design, procure, deploy, manage, and support the company’s network system, including the PBX sytem.
- Configure network hardware like servers, storage, routers, and switches.
- Install and test technology-related equipment.
- Deploy and update operating systems and other software.
- Create and verify backups of data.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Resolve problems reported by end users.
- Implement and ensure network security and connectivity.
- Maintain system security and telecommunication networks
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, latency, etc.), test for weaknesses, and conduct regular performance tuning.
- Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Train users on proper use of software and hardware.
- IT Security
- Analyze and establish security requirements for the network.
- Configure and support security tools such as firewalls, anti-virus software, patch management systems, etc.
- Create and implement network security policies, application security, access control and corporate data safeguards.
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification and/or destruction.
- Perform vulnerability and networking scanning assessments.
- Monitor network traffic for unusual activity.
- Develop and update business continuity and disaster recovery protocols
- Conduct security audits and make policy recommendations
- Train users in security awareness and procedures
- Graduate of any IT or Engineering course.
- Certifications preferred:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- CompTIA Network+ or Security+
- AWS Cloud Practitioner and/or AWS Solutions Architect and/or AWS SysOps Administrator
- Knowledge and experience in Insurance is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Proven experience in a network and systems administration, as well as security management.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Proven experience in the following domains:
- Network Design and Implementation (including routing and switching)
- Windows Server
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Wide Area Network (WAN) support
- Cisco networking products
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Virtualization tools
- Hardware and software installation
- Technical support
- Network troubleshooting
- Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, VPN remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Must possess the following skills: leadership; analyzing and critical thinking; time management; interpersonal skills; troubleshooting; communication; problem solving; planning; collaboration; research; writing of policies and procedures; attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to evaluate critical systems, prioritize work, and determine solutions.
- Able and willing to respond to help desk requests beyond office hours.
- Has a minimum of 10 Mbps fiber connection at home.