This is an exciting post for fresh graduates who are looking to start a career in the financial industry. We are looking for candidates who have the drive and wish to explore the world of client servicing!
What we do
GFS Client Liaison Group is the single point of contact for investment managers and internally managed clients into Northern Trust.
GFS Client Liaison Group Custody Servicing is responsible for delivering outstanding service to managers and clients of every size and level of sophistication, facilitating communication and simplifying information flow between/among partners.
The Client Service Representative Will Serve As The Primary Contact For Investment Management Firms Or Client Investment Managers On The Following
- Domestic and international trade communication and settlement issues, including funding and facilitation of execution of foreign exchange where applicable.
- Monitors daily activity of portfolio. Responsible for daily management across portfolios, follow-up on cash management or reconciliation items, corporate action or income issues, etc
- Handling of queries from Asian-based Investment managers. Works through issues and adding value to the relationship, ensuring high quality service delivery.
- Acts as the primary contact for investment management firms on day to day operational needs relating to clients accounts held at the Bank. Service all partners, investment managers and clients daily with the flexibility and commitment necessary to meet expectations/requirements and respond appropriately to any situation.
- Communicate issues and recommend solutions directly to investment managers, clients, and partners. Work efficiently to resolve client/IM issues. Initiate client/IM communication to add value to the relationship where applicable/possible.
- Monitors overall account status. Assesses impact of certain transactions on total account relationship.
- Responsible for follow-up on cash management or overdraft issues. Determines appropriate action to take and follow-up with internal and external parties as appropriate.
- Coordinates daily contact with Investment Managers regarding client account activities. Informs managers of any exceptions and proposed steps for resolutions.
- Stays abreast of changes in the various securities markets, as well as new or existing NT products or services.
- Identifies service efficiency enhancements, process improvements and service delivery using creative and proactive measures.
- Researches and resolves processing inquiries and facilitates or prepares correcting entries including reversals and rejects.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures and assists in updating as needed in order to help identify, assess, monitor, and control risk.
- Degree within Finance or Business or diploma holders with relevant experience
- 0-2 years work experience
- Has knowledge in general custody and middle office, securities business
- Fund Accounting experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Has transferable skills and tech savvy (e.g Excel, Macro )
- Keen on research (e.g. markets, products)
- High adaptability to changes and has experience working effectively within a global organization/environment
Our culture is a key reason our employees enjoy working at Northern Trust. We have strong principles, a diverse organization, a prestigious history, and a commitment to solid and steady growth. We embrace industry-leading ideas and value our people. We are approachable, friendly, and exceptionally committed our clients and employees.
To learn more about our philosophy and where Northern Trust could take your career, please visit careers.northerntrust.com