Requisition ID: req7131
Job Title: Operation Officer
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Rathedaung, Myanmar
This position is based on Rathataung Township, Rakhine State.
- Assist Field Coordinator for the implementation of IRC programs in the field site with attention to program quality and ensure necessary supports are rendered to the program staff
- Perform office day to day works including logistics, procurement, proper usage of office equipment, transportation arrangement for program staff to field sites and data entry to Prolog system
- Support Field Coordinator to establish a communication system with field sites
- Any additional duty assigned by Field Coordinator
- Analyze market conditions and request quotation from suppliers for all office and program supplies if procurement is necessary in the field
- Prepare contracts properly in accordance with IRC format for vehicle/house rentals in the field site and cooperate with Ygn office for ATC check
- Ensure that all field procurement takes place in a timely manner.
Logistics and Program support
- Coordinate with program staff for proper and maximum usage of vehicles, motorbikes, mobile phones, printer, internet and office equipment
- Arrange transportation for the field staff and visitors to travel to field sites, airport pick up and other travels in the area with proper safety and security measures
- Participate in monthly meeting at office with program staff to adjust daily plan if there is any changes in the monthly work plan
- Consult with program staff to make transit point at Shadow appropriate and convenient for the staff.
- Manage and monitor usage ofrented-vehicles, control fuel and ensure all vehicles, motorbikes, internet and mobile phone and office equipment are in good condition and always align with IRC policy
- Regularly consult with appropriate Yangon Supply Chain team on all matters of significance to procurement and logistical matters.
- Develop a good and proper filing system for all documents.
- Update Monthly Inventory, Assets and vehicle usage Report and submit to Field Coordinator and Operations Coordinator
- Keep and prepare file records as required by IRC Supply Chain manual. Ensure all required documents are complete, retrievable, and ready to be audited or use as reference.
- Develop a proper system for the maintenance of office supplies.
- Prepare record for all procurements & other expenses for both offices and staff houses i.e. Fuel, Office Supplies, Rents, Utilities, Communications, other Vendors
- Conduct regular discussions to identify and determine approaches to address staff’s needs including vehicle and motorbikes arrangement, printer and internet usage, accommodation at staff houses, maintenance of office and staff house ect...
- Develop and keep maintain a good relationship and coordination with program staff for better working environment
- Cooperate with Field Finance Officer and Ygn finance team to settle the payment related with field office and program supplies
- Cooperate with IT Sr. Officer to keep IT devices effectively functioning
- Ensure timeliness and completeness of field office Prolog reports to IRC Yangon office.
- Take the role of note taker in monthly office coordination meeting, draft meeting minutes and circulate internally.
- Collect leave forms, R & R request, time sheet and other necessary documents and deliver to Ygn HR office.
- Post and circulate internal and external vacancy announcements.
- Participate in relevant interview panels
- Make sure that all the staff are issued ID cards.
- Assign tasks to night guard and cleaner/office assistant
- Directly monitor the works of night guard, driver and cleaner/office assistant.
- Support Field Coordinator to deliver monthly work plan, report and other official letters in a due time to related government departments
- Only when designated by Field Coordinator, Operations Officer can represent the IRC in external meetings
- College and Institute degree
- Minimum two years of prior professional experience in a similar post
- Proven ability to plan long-term, organize priorities and work under administrative and programmatic pressures with detail orientation and professional grace
- Diplomatic and strong acumen in establishing positive working relationships with employees and all other stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity
- Very strong proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Power Point is required
- Proven sense of professional discretion, integrity and ability to manage situations diplomatically and to effective resolution
- Written and spoken fluency in English required
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.