The Red Hat Asia Pacific (APAC) Sales Operations team is looking for an Operations Analyst to join us in Malaysia. In this role, you will primarily support our internal customers to deliver dashboards and enhance reporting capability. You will work in multi-disciplinary environments, listening to and learning from business and sales operations stakeholders, gathering requirements, harnessing data, challenging thoughtfully to provide real-world impact for Red Hat. You will be involved in managing business intelligence (BI) projects, wireframe design, development, conduct user acceptance testing (UAT), implementation, and supporting the enterprise BI reports and dashboards.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Establish trusted working relationships and collaborate with Red Hat Deal Desk, sales operations, data operations analysts, data scientists, data engineers, enterprise data architects, and project managers on interdisciplinary projects using mathematics, statistics, and machine learning to derive structure and knowledge from raw data across various industry segmentations
- Enable business and operational dashboards and reporting capabilities for internal business customers; enhance value added metrics and deal tooling functionality to optimise operational processes
- Engage stakeholders to document BI needs and explore avenues for possible solutions, enhancements, and optimization; analyse, structure projects, and define new requirements with all stakeholders involved in order to propose to the organization the best way to deliver appropriate solutions
- Manage all the decision making and analysis processes relating to design, validate the solution, and gain necessary approvals in terms of architecture, budget, and capacity planning
- Conduct and manage the definition of use cases for UAT; coordinate the implementation from a project management perspective and ensure project governance is applied to ensure successful rollout and adoption
- Provide regional needs and perspectives to solutions adoptions, training (enablement decks, new hire kit, training videos), tool support, developing best practise guidance, and the development of process improvement initiatives roadmap
- Conduct post mortem analysis and diagnoses to process issues using root cause analysis and identify opportunities for process improvement; track manual workarounds and overrides and ensure process inefficiencies or manual workarounds are not introduced
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to put together and document a transformation plan and process changes to replace workarounds with standard processes
- Monitor adherence to standardised processes and ensure effective communication to the field
- Articulate solutions and recommendations on complex issues within your area of expertise
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for external and internal users
- Degree in computer science, commerce, applied statistics, or mathematics
- 5+ years of BI operational or analytical reporting and dashboard experience
- Excellent analytical ability, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, solid judgment, and ability to work effectively with business and technical associates
- Excellent critical thinker with problem solving aptitude; results oriented and ability to innovate
- Good in depth understanding of the business and processes in order to gather requirements (data sources, data structure, KPI definition) and design for BI solutions that meet the business objectives
- Experience extracting, cleaning, and integrating data for reporting; understanding of data integration issues (validation and cleaning); familiarity with complex data and structures
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise-scale reports and dashboards in Tableau
- Experience in managing end-to-end BI projects; ability to determine project objectives, implementation roadmap, timeline, issue management or mitigation, working closely with technical teams, change management, UAT, and conduct enablement training
- Flexibility to learn new tools as needed
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com, Tableau, Apttus, and Oracle DB
- Knowledge of more than one BI tool like SAS Visual Analytics, SAP Business Objects, or QlikView is a plus
- Familiarity with sales operations, order processing, fulfilment, and license agreements is a plus
- Programming experience in Python or R and SQL is a plus
- Lean Six Sigma certification is a plus
- PMP certified or Scrum certification is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.