Greenlight Planet is looking for an Operations Manager to lead our operations department in Myanmar. This role will oversee the inventory planning, supply chain, last mile distribution, import, export, transportation and reverse logistics of our Key Asian market. The Myanmar Operations Department will be responsible for the monthly movement of over 3,000 units of solar products delivered by 500+ field sales agents
Key Responsibilities for the Role:
- Team Management: Lead the development and continuous improvement within the operations team. Provide guidance for team member’s careers. Drive professional growth within the team, mentoring individuals to develop valuable skillsets.
- Drive Operational Efficiency: Develop the implementation plan of the Operations Department. Meet KPI goals including inventory turnover rates less than 5 months while ensuring zero stock outs. Clear imports within 7 days and ensure transportation costs and department budgets are within budget.
- Supply chain and inventory planning: Monitor the inventory needs of our Myanmar Entity. Coordinate with sales and manufacturing departments to meet business needs and timelines.
- Inventory management: Oversee inventory management to ensure optimized inventory levels and safekeeping of stock, lean stock keeping in risk areas out of central warehouse.
- Last mile distribution processes management: Design and implement efficient processes for the last mile distribution of our Easy Buy Direct business. Oversee the process of product removals, completeness of reverse logistics kits.
- Operational Risk Management: Identify key operational risks. Implement formal root cause and corrective action programs.
- Systems and process design: Coordinate with technology teams to ensure company systems including applications meet Operational needs.
- Monitoring of trade regulations: Closely monitor any changes on tax/ duty within the region and escalate any changes.
- Partnership Management: Laisse with customers’ operations teams to ensure delivery needs are met on time.
- Procurement: Maintain a procurement policy for use in-country
The Ideal Candidate has:
- Top marks at a top 5 Regional or Globally recognized University with a degree in operations, business administration, Supply Chain Management or other relevant discipline.
- Advanced degree is welcome
- Work Experience: 5+ years of experience in a supply chain and logistics environment.
- Highly analytical with high degree of competency in Excel/Google Sheets, BI software (Looker, Microsoft BI, Tableau) and other analytical tools
- Knowledge and working experience of ERP systems (SAP R3, Oracle, etc.)
- Critical Thinker: Very strong ability to structure problems and drive towards solutions even in ambiguous situations
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with qualities of being able to work independently and figure things out with innovative thinking, problem-solving skills and presence of mind.
- Track record of success in their role e.g. fast promotion, demonstrable experience in exceeding results in their role
- Excellent communication skills, energy, and the ability to handle challenges at a rapidly growing organization
- Demonstrates humility
- Passionate about working with rural, off-grid consumers and resolving their issues.
- Driven by the social mission to provide energy to consumers and employment to rural communities. Should be a value driven individual.