Our client a leading international Industrial service provider has an exciting opportunity for an operations manager to join their team onsite the UK’s largest refinery.
The Refinery which is situated on Southampton Water, has a mile-long marine terminal that handles around 2,000 ship movements and 22 million tonnes of crude oil and other products every year. The refinery processes around 270,000 barrels of crude oil a day and provides 20 per cent of UK refinery capacity.
You will be required to establish and maintain a contract organisation with suitably qualified and experienced personnel capable of safely completing the contract workscope within programme and budget parameters to the appropriate quality standards in accordance with company policy and client specified contractual requirements.
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for the following key activities:
- Knowledge and understanding of the legal, practical and company safety requirements.
- Ability to establish the work scope, programme quality standards and budget for the successful execution of the contract.
- Ability to ensure that all employees/subcontractors on the account are effectively managed and supervised, and are suitably skilled and experienced to complete the contract effectively.
- The ability to plan, organise, monitor and if necessary take corrective action to fulfil contractual requirements and achieve appropriate financial returns.
- Knowledge of detailed planning, programming and project management functions and applications.
- Leadership ability to build teams, resolve conflict, motivate, coach and develop subordinates.
- Ability to effectively manage harmonious customer relations to ensure continued and increasing business.
- Highly developed communication skills to effectively present and report orally and in writing to subordinates, management and client individually and collectively.
- An appreciation and understanding of company IT systems and application of.
- Ability to recruit, appraise, discipline, and manage performance effectively.
- To ensure that all site activities are completed in a safe and effective manner in accordance with statutory regulations and company and client requirements.
- Establish the workscope, programme, quality standards and budget for successful completion of project and contract workscope.
- To ensure the staff, tradesmen and subcontractors have the requisite skill, qualifications and experience to carry out their functions in the contract.
- To ensure regular monitoring and/or audit of the performance of all aspects of the operation to ensure successful outcome of the contract or take corrective action accordingly.
- To ensure that the appropriate management systems, work processes and procedures are complied with.
- To ensure that an adequate system of reporting controls is in place for all key aspects of contract.
- To ensure positive, cooperative and productive team working relationships.
- To ensure the motivation, coaching, training, and development of all subordinates.
- To handle effective recruitment, appraisal and disciplinary/grievance hearings/appeals.
- To ensure that effective working relationships are maintained between all staff and appropriate client representatives.
- To present effective information orally and in writing to subordinates management and clients.
- Monthly report of contract status
- Manage site team
- Maintain and develop good client relationships
- Safety Audits
- Cost control monitoring
- Site review meetings
- End of contract review
- Adhere to all company procedures and management systems
- Ensure technical integrity of all operations
- Experience of operating at a senior level on industrial sites, preferably COMAH site or equivalent
- Experience in delivery and delivering improvement in a contract environment
- Experience of managing an operational delivery team
- Responsibility for contract PandL’s
- Experience in Initiating, developing and operating a culture of continuous improvement through KPI’s, Leading Indicators etc.
Technical Apprenticeship and/or ONC (equivalent) in technical Subject
NVQ 3 or 4 in Management
HNC/Degree qualification in relevant subject
ECITB Project Management / Project Controls Course
NVQ Level 5 in Management
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.