Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Bangkok, Thailand.
Remote location(s): Thailand.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience using tools such as Valor and Allegro.
- Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) process experience and related system assembly including product configuration.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- 5 years of experience with a Product Data Management Tool (PDM), such as Windchill.
- Knowledge in eCAD process including schematic capture, Printed Circuit Board layout and footprint/symbol creation.
- Knowledge of IPC Workmanship Standards and ISO 9000.
- Solid leadership with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic Thai language communication skills.
About The Job
Google has one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. Your team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google's powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you're right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google's infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google's infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Act as the Primary Manufacturing Engineering liaison to Google new technology teams, understanding project requirements, assessing product technologies and developing a manufacturing plan and supply chain to support it.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the product lifecycle, driving DFx (Design for X), supporting New Product Introduction (NPI) builds and developing Google's supply chain.
- Develop and distribute manufacturing documentation in support of product design, configuration, process and build requirements. Documentation to include such items as Bill of Materials (BOM), Assembly Drawings, Manufacturing Work Instructions, etc.
- Provide support to design, manufacturing and commodity teams in selection, qualification and application of components and suppliers used in Google's products.
- Establish, deliver and maintain the manufacturing and quality processes and standards for Google's new technologies, leveraging existing tools and processes as required.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google's EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .