When you join Turnitin, you'll be welcomed into a company that is a recognized innovator in the global education space. For more than 20 years, Turnitin has partnered with educational institutions to promote honesty, consistency, and fairness across all subject areas and assessment types. Over 16,000 academic institutions, publishers, and corporations use our services: Gradescope by Turnitin, iThenticate, Turnitin Feedback Studio, Turnitin Originality, Turnitin Similarity, ExamSoft, and ProctorExam.
Turnitin has offices in Australia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Mexico, the Netherlands, the Philippines, Ukraine, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Our diverse community of colleagues are all unified by a shared desire to make a difference in education. Come join us, and let's make change together.
Our People Business Partner, APAC delivers both strategic guidance and hands-on delivery across a broad range of HR functions and disciplines, primarily proactive and long range in nature. This role supports the development and application of overall change management as it applies to People within a specified client group.
A multi-faceted role, this position also serves as the primary local point person and consultant to individual contributors and leaders within P&P on local generalist human resources related topics (policies, employment law).
- Partner with Line Managers to understand their key issues and organization/commercial needs and provide prudent, sound and purposeful HR advice and consultation on issues around people management, employee relations and organization effectiveness.
- Create an annual people plan which links to and delivers the company strategy and people initiatives and enhances employee engagement
- Carry out Org design and planning in line with company long range planning cycle and manage all Change delivery via well considered and agreed change management/communication plans
- Manage the annual pay review alongside partners in Reward team
- Oversee off-cycle promotion and pay review requests and ensure all administration is completed via SS team
- Twice yearly undertake the Culture Amp action planning driven from the company and local results, working with leaders to gain traction and continual improvement in line with company targets and goals set by your client group
- Create an engagement strategy for the region / function which joins up with local efforts and events and company wide efforts and events, making the most of CSR/Social Impact, etc.
- Ensure DE&I efforts and application in client group, and bring to life the company’s expectations and targets in this key area of growth and improvement in partnership with Talent team and client group
- Deliver Management and Exec coaching as needed regarding leadership development but also day to day management issues, including MBO design
- Team building event delivery as required, working with PRS team
- Develop job families and career paths for client group as is needed
- Coach leaders through the Talent/9 box reviews and succession planning delivery cycles using the intelligence and insights gained to further the people plans you need in place
- Employee retention activity / review turnover and inputs from checkins/ exit process/anniversary survey process etc
- Development planning for HiPo / Performance improvement with PRS support
- Manage ER cases, personally handling any VP and above investigations. Partners with Executives, Line Managers and PRS on local employee relations issues and interventions for client areas, including counseling, coaching, performance improvement plans, wellbeing/occupational health, organisation development, personal change and terminations.
- Handle all Complex Global Mobility questions and queries in partnership with Shared Services.
- On selection panel of any people manager recruitments and critical role recruitments
- Carry out a Country specialist role with PRS support - provide any change to contract, local policies etc. Stands as a technical expert in relation to a specific geography and or specialisation, providing advice and guidance to other People team members as required.
- Working with the local People Relations Partner, ensure all relevant contract documentation and innovative policies/ procedures/handbooks etc are in place to enable business needs in relation to employment (and self employed Contractors). And that all necessary administration is completed and compliant with local legal requirements. Delegates within team, PEO or support staff as appropriate but carries an over-arching accountability for data accuracy and ensuring legal compliance, e.g. the right to work/visa obligations, GDPR etc are met.
- As requested, lead HR due diligence and integration activities, including providing project management support on multiple acquisitions, divestitures and other company transactions. Developing HR project plans and track progress against plans while communicating updates to the M&A project team members.
- Work with HR M&A team to identify lessons learned and process improvements to support development and continuous improvement of HR M&A playbook.
- Design, review and update local people approaches and utilise these to support the business. Supports leaders in driving operational OKRs through their business area in order to drive performance management.
- Makes recommendations for change and improvements to people practice.
- Work with Hiring Managers and Finance/People BPs in accordance with the Hiring process to bring first class talent into the organisation, working to the highest standards.
- Partner with L&D team and Leaders to ensure the delivery of required corporate training and local learning events in an effective and efficient manner in keeping with global strategy and local needs. Ensures local statutory compliance training needs are fully delivered.
- Seen as a ‘team player’ with a consultative style and ability to exercise a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy in interactions with all levels of the organization in a matrixed team environment.
- Strong expertise in employment law, compliance, and managing sensitive executive level investigations.
- Coaching to Exec level
- Experience with HR and M&A strategy development and execution, team start-up / team effectiveness facilitation (organization design), analysis of talent data to make fact-based HR decisions and proposals, and immigration / moving talent globally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the experience of making presentations to senior leadership and partnering with global HR team on special projects.
- Follow through skills and the ability to anticipate and address business needs proactively.
- Ability to maintain perspective, balance, and focus through challenge, uncertainty and change.
- Ability to work productively in a fast-paced, demanding environment with a track record of delivering results.
- Strong proven track record in recruiting and onboarding diverse talent.
- Psychometrics qualification or mastery of a specific tool e.g. Insights, MBTI or Enneagram
- Motivated, inspired and managed a small team
- Experience with process improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Simple Problem Solving).
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, specifically with a mix of labor relations, employee relations and HR business partner roles.
Our Mission is to ensure the integrity of global education and meaningfully improve learning outcomes.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric - We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- Passion for Learning - We seek out teammates that are constantly learning and growing and build a workplace which enables them to do so.
- Integrity - We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
- Action & Ownership - We have a bias toward action and empower teammates to make decisions.
- One Team - We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset - We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfill 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and the LGBTQ+ community, regardless of age, gender, religion, marital or veterans status.