People Partner - (Location: Singapore)
At Zendesk we are looking for a dynamic People Partner to join our People & Places team in the APAC region. We are a company that's growing rapidly, and we want you to be part of this amazing expansion. We have an incredible product and exceptional employees; Zendesk is the place to be! Join us as we continue to provide the best experience for our employees and excellence in business partnering across all functions in the region and globally.
Who might you be? You thrive in the world of HR (the good, the interesting, the amazing) and the excitement that it brings. You excel in a fast-paced, high-growth, and ever-changing environment and can readily adapt to any situation and are excited to roll-up your sleeves and create something new because you are a builder. You aren't above doing the little things, but you're ready to tackle the big jobs too. You live for jam-packed days, but always have time to support a team member. Oh, and having fun is a must!
You are genuine. You listen to your customers. You are commercially focused. You can develop relationships and challenge constructively. You consistently strive to make the people around you better. You are motivated by challenges and changes yet able to keep a cool head to problem solve and look for solutions in consideration of longer-term implications.
Reporting to the People Partner Director, you will primarily work to support the Go-to-Market business in the APAC region and also play a part in our global People Partner team. There's lots for you to do... are you up for the challenge?
- Be a trusted advisor to the GTM leadership team on the people strategies that will create an inclusive culture and drive employee engagement, performance and overall business growth.
- Partner with senior leaders in the APAC region to ensure a top notch experience for our employees. Represent the global People Partner team in local Zendesk country initiatives, keeping a pulse on the office in order to drive future outcomes
- Guide and coach managers to be the best people managers they can be. Support them with employee engagement, employee recognition, retention, manager development, organisational development, and change management.
- Build on our amazing culture - help us on our journey to embrace a remote and digital first world. Foster new ways of working and virtual initiatives that drive engagement and make Zendesk a fun and vibrant place to be
- Foster relationships and partner with cross-functional Partners (e.g. Finance) and the broader People & Places team (including Employee Services, Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, People Development, HRIS & Analytics, Workplace Experience). Understand our shared priorities and work cohesively together to deliver a frictionless employee experience
- Work with leaders on our approach to Talent (including Talent Calibration, Succession planning and Development programs).
- Use data to track insights and interpret people trends.
- Be truly global - partner with the leaders and teams across your functional remit to understand how to “Go global but act local”
- Support and co-lead change initiatives as needed that will continue to develop the work of the People and Places team
About Zendesk - Champions Of Customer Service
- A demonstrable track record of success, working as a true People Partner in advising and supporting leaders. Ideally, previous experience in supporting the business through a period of high growth
- You are confident and comfortable working with senior leaders, demonstrable ability to challenge whilst maintaining a strong and constructive relationship.
- Skilled in organizational design, workforce planning and talent management
- Competent in advising on issues that have employment law implications in APAC
- Proven impact on diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Outstanding project management, verbal and written communication skills, with a high attention to detail and a collaborative nature.
- Strong mindset for continuous improvement and exceeding internal customer expectations.
- Experience working globally and cross functional driving long term strategy and programs
Zendesk started the customer experience revolution in 2007 by enabling any business around the world to take their customer service online. Today, Zendesk is the champion of great service everywhere for everyone, and powers billions of conversations, connecting more than 100,000 logos with hundreds of millions of customers over telephony, chat, email, messaging, social channels, communities, review sites and help centers. Zendesk products are built with love to be loved. The company was conceived in Copenhagen, Denmark, built and grown in California, taken public in New York City, and today employs more than 4,000 people across the world. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
We believe in service. Learn more
about how we provide support to our local communities with volunteering, grants and product donations.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster global diversity, equity, & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment and employees at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer. If you are based in the United States and would like more information about your EEO rights under the law, please click here
Zendesk endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities and disabled veterans pursuant to applicable federal and state law. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to submit this application, complete any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participate in the employee selection process, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
with your specific accommodation request.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk's Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information.