Design beautiful and intuitive user interfaces for our data science solutions.
Working at Thinking Machines
Thinking Machines is a technology consultancy building AI & data platforms to solve high impact problems for our clients. Our vision is for Southeast Asia to become a global hub for data science. To do that, we create data cultures one organization at a time.
We’re a company made up of intellectually curious, civic-minded, forever-learning individuals. We believe that great data science products are built with care for people, and that the best way to drive inclusive innovation is to start with a diverse team.
Our field of work is incredibly dynamic, so we want to work with people who are committed to growing with us. We want to hire people who can demonstrate an ability to learn, then provide them with personalized coaching, growth opportunities, and a great working environment to get them to world-class.
We are a data science consultancy seeking a UI/UX Designer to join our growing team of data scientists, strategists, and engineers.
Our data science solutions are end-to-end, and a number of them result in web apps that our clients use to interact with our machine learning products and data pipelines. It will be your job to make sure that our users can easily understand our solutions, and that human-centered design drives the way we develop.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be working with a team of diverse roles to make our products come to life. No two projects will be the same – you could be conducting design thinking workshops with the data encoders who will become our end users, designing wireframes of custom AI-powered research tools, developing the front end of our web apps, or creating the entire design system for our internal development platforms.
On a Day-to-day Basis, Your Tasks May Include The Following
Your work will ensure that the team delivers quality web apps with beautiful and effective interfaces (UI), and that the TM brand experience is extended to our clients through the product (UX).
- Translate business requirements into user interface designs for our products
- Create designs, including user flows, wireframes, mockups, and high-fidelity prototypes
- Use research and best practices to inform and communicate design decisions
- Work closely with project managers, data scientists, and web engineers on building web applications
- Conduct design thinking workshop, usability testing, and integrate user feedback into designs
Since the startup space can get crazy, we are looking for someone who is up for any challenge and has the initiative to seek out ways to be useful. We move fast, and we expect you to keep up!
At the end of the day, we are committed to giving our clients the best user experience while interacting with our tools, products and platforms. And that all starts with you.
We are looking for someone who meets the following profile:
- User empathy - You put the user at the heart of your work – and it shows! You strongly advocate for human-centered design in the decisions you make, and you always care about how things will be like for the user.
- Exceptional communication skills - You can clearly communicate design intent to different stakeholders – whether it be the team or the client. You are comfortable asking good questions to users to help inform your own decisions.
- Design expertise - You love making things look clean and appealing. You have a strong command of colors, typography, and information hierarchy. You aren’t afraid of direct feedback and being creative with high-level requirements.
- Makes things fast - Projects may follow the agile development process, so you should be comfortable with rapid iterations and changing requirements. You don’t get stuck making things as pretty as possible, and can balance between technique and the project’s needs.
- Quick learning ability - You can pick up new tools if needed and aren’t afraid to leave your comfort zone.
Additionally, we are requiring Philippine candidates to have an internet connection speed of at least 12 mbps and a viable work from home setup as we are now operating as a fully remote company.
Qualifications And Competencies
- Expertise with visual design tools like InVision, Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch, etc.
- Strong portfolio of previous design work in web/mobile interfaces
High Preference For Candidates That Have
- Experience in working in agile development processes
- Professional experience in front-end development, preferably using React
Benefits and Perks
We Offer The Following Compensation And Benefits
- Competitive salary — the compensation amount is positively correlated with the difficulty of the job, relevant experience, fit, and skill factors.
- Fully remote — due to the global pandemic, we have shifted to a fully remote company for the foreseeable future while we monitor the situation.
- Individual professional development budget— an annual budget for conferences, training courses, books, and software is available to sharpen your skills and build new ones to help you grow in your role.
- Full health benefits — generous health insurance package upon hiring.
- Regular 1:1 meetings with the leadership team to discuss career and personal goals, job progress and any questions and concerns.