About The Role
Weddington Way is looking for a collaborative, customer-oriented Philippines Team Manager to lead our Philippines team and serve as the primary point of contact with our home office in San Francisco. We currently have a team of 9 home-based colleagues in the Metro Manila area serving under the company, Manpower. who are dedicated to Weddington Way. The team focuses primarily on customer care and managing relationships with our customers via email, chat, text and phone.
We’re looking for an inspirational leader who has a passion for developing and scaling processes, loves solving problems creatively, and finds joy working with fun colleagues who share a commitment to excellence. (Bonus points if you have fashion savvy!) If you’re an energetic go-getter and looking for a fun new challenge (not to mention the chance to help our brides have a flawless experience while making their bridal party vision come to life), come join our team!
What You’ll Do
- Manage daily operations of our Philippines Team, including assisting with difficult questions from various teams, managing projects and handling customer escalations when necessary via email, chat, text and phone
- Help create a scalable, high-performance culture using QA processes to ensure our customers receive top-tier service via email, chat, text and phone support
- Supporting and offering guidance to the Customer Service Lead in providing regular feedback and coaching to our Philippines team members
- Oversee the tactical parts of managing a home-based team, like ensuring each person clocks in on time and submits time sheets, approving leave requests, etc.
- Assist in the communication of new products, processes, and procedures to team members and lead new training when necessary
- Help to build out and expand critical systems of the team (especially within Customer Service) to meet company expectations and goals
- Continuously optimize operational processes and systems to be efficient, of the highest quality, and aligned with business goals
- Recruit and assist in training new members of the Philippines team
- Coordinate regular all-team outings and employment engagement activities for morale building
- Act as the critical bridge between the US team and the Philippines team by providing updates to both groups, ensuring thoughtful communication happens, and generally working to make sure we maintain our fun, work-hard play-hard culture!
What You’ll Bring
- Fast learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured, constantly changing start-up environment
- Excitement about being a player-coach who doesn’t mind getting your hands dirty
- Service oriented mentality with a desire to work directly with customers via various communication channels
- Eagerness to learn and to exercise problem-solving skills while expanding a growing team
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude combined with a passion for mentorship and continuous learning
- Comfort using technology and analyzing data (e.g. downloading reports from our systems, synthesizing information, and sharing key takeaways)
- Excellent written English (and pretty darn good spoken English!)
- Familiarity and comfort using Microsoft Excel
AWESOME TO HAVE, But Not Required
- Prior experience working in startup environments and/or with a US-based Manager
- Experience working in ZenDesk or Olark
- Experience managing remote (including home-based) teams
- Service Incentive Leaves
- 13th month pay
If you are a self-starter with a passion for leading teams, problem-solving, and continuously seeking to improve the status quo, then we would love to talk to you. This role is an exciting and varied one, and we’re looking for just the right person who can grow and scale with us as we continue to expand our presence in the Philippines.